Pseudonym advice?

See the results of this poll: Which one?

Respondents: 40 (This poll is closed)

• Nikita Mulready : 24 (53%)
  • Kita Mulready : 16 (36%)
  • Nikita Ní Mhaolbhríde : 1 (2%)
  • Kita Ní Mhaolbhríde : 0 (0%)
  • Nikita Ní Mhaoltáin : 1 (2%)
  • Kita Ní Mhaoltáin: 3 (7%)

I live in the US and Mulready is the only one that has a chance of being recognizable here.

I live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and Mulready was the only one I knew how to pronounce. I think you want your name to be easy to pronounce so readers can remember it. Kita Mulready is best, 4 syllables would be ideal, but 5 good enough. [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] may be confused for [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]. Kita is easy to pronounce and remember. Kita Mulready would be my choice.

I’m in the US. Mulready is easily pronounced and spelled. Kita is good - recognizable, easy to pronounce, and won’t be mistaken for [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] or [name_u]Mickey[/name_u]. BTW, remember when you are signing autographs for your fans you want to be able to be quick :slight_smile:

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

I think you definitely need to go with Mulready. As for the first name, my first thought was Kita, as [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is so identified with Kruschev, but I actually think that might work in your favor and I like the ethnic disconnect of the two names. So I’d go [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] – it’s intriguing.

Plus, a pen name is about more than masking your identity, it’s about creating a name that makes you more intriguing and appealing to readers!

I would be surprised to know an author called [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is a woman…but if it is what your want, it will work without a doubt. Mulready is sophisticated, I like it.

Wow, never in all my life has my surname been called sophisticated! Usually I get “Is that ‘ee’ or ‘ea’?”
Thanks so much for the feedback guys, it was really very helpful. I think I will end up going with Kita Mulready =)

I would go with Mulready (it is the only one that is easily recognisable). I know you don’t have this, but I think [name_u]Kit[/name_u] Mulready is the best option. It is unisex and easy to remember, and has the best flow, all good things for an authors name.

I will probably publish under a false name but I’m already on wattpad writing. I like [name_u]Nikita[/name_u]

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] x

I didn’t even think of [name_u]Kit[/name_u] holy God! I love it =D

You might also want to consider the genre you are writing in.

Also kita mulready sounds like keep em all ready