putting a lot of unnecessary thought into naming things

does anyone else have a little too much fun naming things that aren’t children, characters or typical house pets?
I find it very important to name my ipod (mr pod) my cactus (fluffy), my hatchi(banana(iphone game)) etc. so, who wants
to share the names they’ve chosen that they’re proud of, be it a pet rock or a pokemon?

I’ve felt the need to name a few of my daughters toys. She has a bear named [name]Charley[/name], and dolls named [name]Polly[/name] and [name]Dolly[/name].

I also made a toy bee for a friend, and felt the need to name it. [name]Buzz[/name] for a boy, [name]Mia[/name] for a girl. But she doesn’t know those names so it was totally pointless!

My first and second cars both had names too… first was Jellybean, second was [name]Lancelot[/name].

Hehehe… I’ve named my Nokia phone as Nok-nok. :rolleyes: and my [name]Dell[/name] laptop as [name]Delly[/name] Lappy. It’s really cool naming your favorite things.

computer recycling nyc | Austin Birthing Center | oak store | hair extensions

my little brother (10) has names for every single toy car he owns :slight_smile:

Yes!

You will see in my signature some of the names I have picked, and some of them are not even real. Also my original car was called the Pocketrocket, my current one, a beemer is aptly named [name]Benedict[/name]. I love naming things.

When I played pokemon, I once tried naming all the pokemon I caught after [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] characters, I almost ran out of names! As far as naming other stuff goes, I guess I call my laptop lappy a lot, but mainly because it’s quicker to say, but I guess it counts as a nn.

I do name some of my stuffed animals, the only one I have now is my bear called cupcake.

Haha yeah everything! All our fish have names- Mr Longfin, [name]Tom[/name], [name]Dick[/name] & [name]Harry[/name], [name]Fish[/name] & Chips, French & [name]Saunders[/name]… :wink:

Our cars have names- [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Fred[/name]. We had [name]George[/name] but he kind of died, so I had to name the next one [name]Fred[/name] because of [name]Fred[/name] & [name]George[/name] Weasley <3

There’s a plant in the garden called Filbert, my football is called Boris, I have 2 cricket bats named Gordon and Alistair, various tennis balls (Brian, Bruce, Rolf), any kind of bag is a Fiona (because we knew a right old bag called Fiona) and when something doesn’t have a name it just becomes Bob or Deidre. Yeah, I’m a bit weird when it comes to naming stuff :confused:

I don’t name much, considering the huge name nerd I am, but my car is named [name]Rita[/name] (I wish a more out-there name had suited ‘her’ because [name]Rita[/name] isn’t that grand. It just makes me laugh), and I got keychain with a sheep with the Basque flag as its wool design, so I decided today to name him [name]Gorka[/name]. I asked my brother if he looked like a girl or a boy sheep, he said ‘boy’ and [name]Gorka[/name] is a name I love but I’d never use it on a kid, so on to the keychain it goes.
That’s pretty much it, though. I named my stuffed animals and dolls when I was a kid but I haven’t gotten much to stick on inanimate objects.

I love naming!!! I named all my cat’s kittens, my sister’s cat’s kittens, my brother’s cat’s kittens and the family cat’s kittens this year. [name]Even[/name] though most have to find new homes. lol
I like to find really good, fitting names. Not silly names ever.
Let’s see.
There are [name]Larry[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] (twin grey tabbies w/white paws and flame on face)
Caracticus Boots (tuxedo)
Lady [name]Sandra[/name] (sandy colored tabby)
[name]Poe[/name] (black)
Piglet (okay, one silly name, but he squeals just like one!)
Saaski (brown tabby)
[name]Merlin[/name] (tuxedo)
Catkin (named after mum Pussywillow, “catkins” are the individual “pussywillows”)
[name]Jiminy[/name] (tabby w/ white paws)
[name]Morris[/name] (tabby w/ white paws and flame and caramel flame inside of white one)
[name]Crow[/name] and [name]Raven[/name] (black boy/girl twins)
Peaches and Honey (calicos)

I’ve done this all my life. When I was 4 I -after much thought- named my rock [name]Alexander[/name]. :smiley:

Haha yeahh… I name a LOT of my stuff :slight_smile:

My phone is a Samsung: [name]Sammy[/name].
I used to have two pet worms: Legs and Inches…

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

My first car was named [name]Elizabeth[/name] (full name [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] I) and my current car is [name]Ruby[/name]. My Macbook is [name]Maxwell[/name]. I’ve had iPods named [name]Colin[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]. I have a decorative skull I got at Halloween last year named [name]Mortimer[/name].

I once had a beaten up old blue stationwagon because that was all I could afford then to drive. I called her [name]Bertha[/name].

I love naming, and yes I look around for naming opportunities. Stray cats often wander through my yard looking for a handout. They never go away hungry – or unnamed. That is how I got my cat, [name]Beau[/name], and met Boulder, Inky, and [name]Bright[/name], too.

The thing I’m most proud of is my Wii’s name: Dewii!

Ha ha - we named our new fridge [name]Herbert[/name] last year because he just ‘felt like’ a [name]Herbert[/name]!

I recently bought a working vintage typewriter, which I insisted on naming. In the end I went with [name]Jane[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Hemingway[/name] for my three favorite authors- [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name], and [name]Ernst[/name] [name]Hemingway[/name]. I felt like such a name nerd when I told friends “Yeah I got a typewriter, and I named it [name]Jane[/name]!”

• [name]Athena[/name]

My mother’s car is called [name]Gertrude[/name], its a beat up old thing.

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

My cell phone’s name is [name]Albert[/name] [name]Lou[/name]. You can call him [name]Al[/name], [name]Bert[/name], or [name]Lou[/name]. I also have my purse (which I [name]LOVE[/name], it’s absolutely perfect) and his name is [name]Louie[/name]. I’m getting a car in a few months that I will name, but I named both of my parents cars - [name]Elvis[/name] and [name]Priscilla[/name]. :slight_smile:

My first car was named [name]Millie[/name] (mainly because I got it in 2000, millennium :))

I haven’t been able to find a good name for my current car, probably because I sort of inherited it instead of choosing it myself so it’s taken a while for it to feel like ‘mine’. It’s starting to get old and to the point where I have to encourage it, lol, so I really do need a good name. Maybe I should start a thread to name my car. It’s a white corolla that’s seen better days. [name]Molly[/name]? [name]Tessie[/name]? [name]Nelly[/name]? [name]Bessie[/name]? [name]Maisie[/name]? [name]Trixie[/name]?

I name my glasses!
My old brown tortoiseshell’s name is [name]Trixie[/name].
My brand new, pink pair’s name is [name]Patsy[/name]
My violin’s nme is [name]Lydia[/name] and my bow is rupert

My guitars are Axxie and [name]Zero[/name]. :smiley: