"Queen Mab" - Honoring Mabel's side of the Fam

I was talking with my mom about names and she said she really thinks I ought to honor my Mother-in-[name_m]Law[/name_m] or her side of the family with the next name if I’m to include an honor name at all.

Her reasoning was that our side of the family was very much honored with HF’s name, obviously I have chosen to honor AR’s birth family in keeping his name, and my FIL’s side of the family has the continuation of their surname for all our kids. FIL and MIL are divorced and so really it is just MIL’s family that hasn’t been touched by our naming yet.

I’m not sure if I’m on board with this idea. But I’m certainly willing to explore it. I have included a couple different honor combos for her in the past in our search for the one, but if I’m prioritizing her (or her side of the family), things might look a little different.

So, I’d like some help.

MIL’s name is [name_f]Mabel[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. It used to be totally my style before I met my husband, but now it feels like I have changed and really veered off from that vintage, sepia cameo style to something else entirely (tangent: what is my style??).

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] (favorite!)
[name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f] (2nd favorite!)
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
Amabilia
Mabily (super intrigued)
[name_f]Mab[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabs[/name_f]
Mabeline
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f] (my mom is [name_f]Denise[/name_f] and this seems like a good double option for [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Denise[/name_f]?)

[name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f]

So my favorite variation of [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] (mabb-lee)!!! But now I’m obsessed with [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f], so I think I might want to call her that??

“[name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f]” themed names?
Olympias Mabily?
[name_f]Quintessa[/name_f] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]?
[name_f]Regina[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]?
[name_f]Titania[/name_f] Mabily?
Olympias is our top ‘[name_f]Queen[/name_f]’ name
Argine
[name_f]Regina[/name_f]
[name_f]Quintilla[/name_f]
Eratonassa
Hegemone
Iphianassa
Lysianassa
Antiope
[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]
Give me some more on this theme…?

"Loved"/"[name_f]Beloved[/name_f]"/"Lovable"

Aimée
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f]
Esmé
[name_f]Amaris[/name_f]
[name_f]Cariad[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Hulda[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Mei[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
[name_f]Amandine[/name_f]
Amantia
Frigg
[name_f]Minna[/name_f]
[name_f]Davina[/name_f] ([name_m]David[/name_m] is FIL so double honor is a double sword as they are divorced)
Delara
[name_f]Lieve[/name_f]

Lovers Names

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you see lovers names as a good honor option or should I stick with a more direct option?

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] is our favorite lover name and (other than [name_f]Circe[/name_f]) the only two syllable name my husband loves as a first. Maybe if we used [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] and then a middle that included m, a, l??

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f]
Agape
[name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomela[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Yseult[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
Bradamante
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
Orfea
[name_f]Venus[/name_f]

Car-[name_m]M1ng[/name_m]

MIL’s Cantonese name is Car-[name_m]M1ng[/name_m] (I have asked many times for her to send me the characters, but she doesn’t).
[name_u]Carmen[/name_u]
[name_u]Carmel[/name_u]
Charmante?

[name_f]Brocade[/name_f] Heart

MIL’s mother did not have an [name_f]English[/name_f] name, but her Chinese name was 錦心 (Transcribed Gam [name_u]Sam[/name_u] from Cantonese), meaning “brocade heart.” [name_m]Hence[/name_m] my ongoing relationship with [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]/Cordula/Cordis.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordula[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordis[/name_f]
[name_f]Twila[/name_f]
Arachne
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
Brigantia
Quenouille ([name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f] option??)

[name_m]Tam[/name_m]/Lee

There are two important surnames from her side: [name_u]Lee[/name_u]/Li, and [name_m]Tam[/name_m], which is my partner’s and SIL’s only middle name that they share.

For a [name_m]Tam[/name_m] or [name_u]Lee[/name_u] to be an honor I would think the combo would need to include another honor name… but maybe that’s just me.

[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_f]Emilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aileen[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamar[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorettam[/name_f]

[name_f]J@cqueline[/name_f] or W@i-[name_m]M1ng[/name_m]

MIL had two children. [name_f]My[/name_f] SIL is [name_f]J@cqueline[/name_f], who will not be having children (just entering her 40s and has never liked or wanted children so I don’t think she is changing her mind). MIL’s brother is W@i-[name_m]M1ng[/name_m] (pretty sure that would be the same “[name_m]M1ng[/name_m]” character). He is married to [name_f]L0is[/name_f] but they never had children. So those are two additional lines that are dying out from her side. I like all those people, so wouldn’t mind using a name to honor one of them, but only if I loved it of course, like these names:

[name_f]Jacinthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

[name_m]How[/name_m] would you sort this out? Any of these options you love FOR ME? If you remember any of the names we are considering (or take a look at the user card), do any pop out at you as absolutely perfect pairings?

1 Like

I think you could definitely name her [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] and still call her [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f]! These would be gorgeous options from your list:

[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Amandine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Davina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Aileen[/name_f]

2 Likes

So many gorgeous options! I think the most obvious honors are [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] and [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]. [name_f]Mab[/name_f] is a really sweet nn for either of those. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Davina Mablee ([name_u]Lee[/name_u] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f])
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] ([name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f])
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] ([name_u]Louise[/name_u])
Tinlee [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] ([name_m]Tam[/name_m] & [name_u]Lee[/name_u])
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] ([name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f])
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]/ [name_f]Willa[/name_f] ([name_f]Mabel[/name_f] & [name_f]Denise[/name_f]) + ([name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f])

I love, love [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] nn [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f]!

I also love [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] or [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] for you! [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] nn [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f]?

Cordelia [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]?

1 Like

Mabli with nickname [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f] seems great for you! Maybe you like one of the following pairings?

Mabli [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Tamara[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_u]Jule[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] Olympias
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]

1 Like

Thanks for all the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Mab[/name_f] love!

I love [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]/Mabli [name_f]Cordula[/name_f], [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] Olympias, [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Jacinthe[/name_f], [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f], [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f].

I wonder how I’ll be able to get DH on board with [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] as a first.

I was thinking on things this afternoon and came up with:
[name_f]Twila[/name_f] [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordula[/name_f] [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]

And still loving Olympias [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]

I’m not done comboing for sure, but I think it is quite clear [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] and [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f] are the frontrunners for me.

Wondering what to do with [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] if anyone cares to try that out for me. I love [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] although she is a bit different from my usual favorites. I find her very difficult to pair. She doesn’t seem to want go play well with others…