🌻 Queenie & Its full name

I would use this as a nickname without a problem. Even though I would like it a lot as a full name, it is a hard full name to bring so what are some full names for Queenie?

In case I like it on its own as well, so, hyphotetically, what vibes/aesthetics do Queenie give you? I prefer moodboards or texts to emojis, but feel free to do how you like!

I am exploring my tastes and try to be bolder and go beyond my “realistic likes” and going even with names that are usually not my vibe but that I still like, or new English names (since I never explored Anglo names very much, but I am liking them a lot recently!) Sorry for all the posts :crescent_moon:

I love [name_f]Queenie[/name_f]! Gives 1920s glamour girl vibes to me. Sort of like :dancer: :mantelpiece_clock: :crown: :champagne: :candle: :wilted_flower: :lipstick: :tickets: :sparkles: :high_heel:

In a moodboard she’d be…

(I didn’t make this, just found it on google haha)

For a full name maybe…

[name_f]Regina[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_u]Quimby[/name_u]

I think Queenie is cute and I can also see it on an adult. I know a Queenie who is just Queenie and it is really lovely. So, I’d say it doesn’t need a full name!

I also think it could be a nickname for any name if you commit to it enough. Like a pet name for your child!

I’ve also known a girl named Queen. She didn’t go by Queenie but a girl called Queen totally could! :blossom:

For vibes, I think @marigold.solstice puts it perfectly. Total glamour girl! :lipstick::ring::sparkles:

2 Likes

[name_f]Regina[/name_f] ‘Queenie’ is gorgeous ! Thanks for the idea

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that something like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ulla[/name_f] Nineva “Queenie” would work?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that [name_f]Cordula[/name_f] could be a valid full name for [name_f]Queenie[/name_f]?

Otherwise [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] / [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ulla[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]?

Sure! Most of the sounds are there, and tbh I feel like Queenie is actually one of those nicknames that can work for any name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought would be [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] from that’s because of ‘Queen Bee’. Hopefully that makes sense.

Queniva is my favourite long-form for [name_f]Queenie[/name_f]. I also like several previous suggestions, and think [name_f]Regina[/name_f], Reina/Reyna, [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], ect. could lend easily to [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] as an intuitive nickname.

As far as vibes, it gives a very 1920s glam feel. A smokey speakeasy; vintage lingerie drenched in pearls and lace; a racy burlesque show; dark red lips and swan feathered fans; a very [name_m]Gatsby[/name_m] aesthetic.

For me, [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] gives me 1920s city vibes, plenty of hustle and bustle, business and newness, but also that old fashioned vibe too - it’s giving afternoon tea, coats with fur trims, trips to the country, dinner parties? All round, it’s a zippy, busy, and charming name.

For full names, maybe so literal ‘Queen’ names - [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_u]Anne[/name_u] etc

[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] means queen. There’s also [name_f]Reina[/name_f]?

Quintella nn [name_f]Queenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronique[/name_f] ‘Queenie’
[name_f]Aquilina[/name_f] ‘Queenie’
[name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] ‘Queenie’ (can be said as kee-vuh and kwee-vuh)

1 Like

Any name meaning “queen”, really.

[name_f]Candace[/name_f]
[name_f]Malka[/name_f]
[name_f]Regina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]

The vibes are saucy, 1920s, flirty. If I was to conjure up a modern [name_f]Queenie[/name_f], she’d be an elderly Jewish woman whose Hebrew name was [name_f]Malka[/name_f] and she’d wear fun coats and fuzzy berets.

1 Like

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Regina[/name_f]

But, imo, you can use any name and have the nn [name_f]Queenie[/name_f]. A nn doesn’t need to be a diminutive. It can be any pet name you like.

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts already on here, I would either find a name that means [name_f]Queen[/name_f] (I like [name_f]Regina[/name_f] or Reina) or else I’d use [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (or another famous Queen’s name). You can also just use it to be affectionate - like “Blossom” or “Darling”. It seems like you’re hoping to use name sounds? :crown:

[name_f]Aquinnah[/name_f]
[name_f]Aquitaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Aquilina[/name_f]
[name_f]Jaqueline[/name_f]
[name_f]Joaquina[/name_f]
[name_f]Pasquelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Quannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Quantilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Quenby[/name_f]
[name_f]Quenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinlan[/name_u]
[name_f]Quinley[/name_f]
[name_f]Quintina[/name_f]
[name_f]Quintana[/name_f]
[name_f]Quintara[/name_f]
[name_f]Quintia[/name_f]
[name_f]Quirina[/name_f]

I had a friend several years ago now that used to (and I think still does!) go by [name_f]Queenie[/name_f]. I think it stemmed from her name starting with a B and going by Bee/Bea (the whole “queen bee” thing). She wasn’t fond of her real name so she always got [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Queenie[/name_f], both of which she really loved. Beatrice/Beatrix is the obvious option here, but I think you could use any B name you love! I like the suggestions of Quinn/Quincy/Quimby, [name_f]Regina[/name_f], etc. that @marigold.solstice mentioned, too!

Good luck!

1 Like

I think on the right person, [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] would be really lovely as a full name. It’s bubbly and regal. I do think of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, but she’s my favorite character!

Otherwise I really like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] nn Queenie!!!

names that sound similar to [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] / have similar letters
[name_f]Quintessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] (similar letters to [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] + sounds royal & queenly / princessy)

names that mean queen or ruler
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] (means divine queen)
[name_f]Aine[/name_f] (queen of the faeries / pronounced awn-ya)
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] (means fairy queen)
[name_f]Tiana[/name_f] (means fairy queen / princess)
[name_f]Diana[/name_f] (means divine + [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] association)
[name_u]Dione[/name_u] (means divine queen)
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] (means queen)
[name_f]Rina[/name_f] (means queen)
[name_f]Regina[/name_f] (means queen)
[name_f]Reina[/name_f] (means queen)
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] (means estate ruler)
[name_f]Iolani[/name_f] (Hawaiian name meaning hawk of royalty)
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] (means ice ruler)
[name_f]Malika[/name_f] (means queen)
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] (means great ruler)
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] (means female ruler)
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] (means phantom queen)
[name_f]Riona[/name_f] (means queenly)
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] (means red ruler)
[name_f]Thema[/name_f] (means queen)
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] (means princess)

real + mythical queens
[name_f]Aine[/name_f] (queen of the faeries / pronounced awn-ya)
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (queen of the underworld in Greek mythology)
[name_f]Hera[/name_f] (queen of the Greek goddesses)
[name_f]Antinea[/name_f] (French form of the Greek name for the mythical [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of Atlantis)
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_u]Juno[/name_u] (queen of the heavens in Greek mythology)
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] (referencing Cleopatra)
[name_f]Cleodora[/name_f] / Cleoline (referencing Cleopatra)
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Antoinette[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] (as in [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of Scots)
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] / [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] / Lillibet
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]

names associated with queens
Primadonna (means first lady/ leading female singer in an opera company)
[name_f]Beyoncé[/name_f] (she’s the queen of everything & every genre period)
[name_u]Stevie[/name_u] (referencing [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks, the queen of rock)
[name_f]Madonna[/name_f] (queen of pop)
[name_f]Dolly[/name_f] (referencing [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] [name_m]Parton[/name_m], the queen of country music)
[name_f]Nicki[/name_f] (referencing [name_f]Nicki[/name_f] Minaj, the queen of rap)
[name_f]Lady[/name_f] (referencing [name_f]Lady[/name_f] Gaga, queen of pop)
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] (referencing [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Colby[/name_u], queen of drag)
[name_f]Lana[/name_f] (queen of alternative)
[name_f]Leia[/name_f] (Star Wars)
[name_f]Padme[/name_f] (Star Wars)

[name_f]Disney[/name_f] princesses
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Tiana[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u] / [name_u]Arielle[/name_u] / [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cinderella[/name_f]
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]
[name_f]Moana[/name_f]
[name_f]Mulan[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Megara[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Nala[/name_f]
[name_f]Kida[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Rapunzel[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]

names that just sound queenly / royal to me
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Aiyanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Aisha[/name_f]
[name_f]Luana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nastassia[/name_f]
[name_u]Esme[/name_u]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Florencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Ashanti[/name_f]

1 Like

Like these three, especially Veronique!

Caoimhe will get a very hard time here to write (I don’t know how to read it myself neither!)

Thank you!

1 Like

What do you all think of [name_f]Angelique[/name_f] “Queenie”?

That’s very cool and has flair! I like the angel/queen vibes :slight_smile:

tbh, even here people can find it difficult :grin:

1 Like

Yes! stretchy ideas or even nickname from a double name / first middles combinations like Angelique Nina or Clara Ulla Lavinia would be fine! :orange_heart: