Question About Good Ole Nicknames.

We’ve narrowed our list down to a few names for our boy due in [name]January[/name]. The front runners are:

[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Maximus[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]

My question is for nicknames. Can we use the nickname [name]Mac[/name] for [name]Malcolm[/name] and not feel way off? And the nickname [name]Joe[/name] for [name]Jonah[/name]? Are there any other nn’s for [name]Jonah[/name] that I’m missing. For [name]Elias[/name], [name]Callum[/name] and [name]Maximus[/name] the nn’s are more obvious ([name]Eli[/name], [name]Cal[/name] or [name]Max[/name]).

Are you noticing my three letter thing yet?! :slight_smile: [name]TIA[/name] for any replies!

I definately think that [name]Joe[/name] would work for [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Mac[/name] would work for [name]Malcolm[/name], although [name]Mac[/name] would be a little more of a stretch but it shouldn’t be a problem.

My favorites from your list are [name]Maximus[/name] and [name]Callum[/name]. I really like [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Joe[/name] too, but not as much [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Jonah[/name], they’re nice names though! [name]Just[/name] not my style.

Good luck and congrats on your new baby!

I [name]ADORE[/name] the name [name]Malcolm[/name]. The two Malcolms that I know both use [name]Mac[/name] as a nickname. I think it is one of my favorite nicknames of all time! I love this.
[name]Jonah[/name] is my second favorite. I dont think that [name]Jonah[/name] really needs a nickname. I like it just how it is.
[name]Callum[/name] is my third favorite, mostly because I don’t love [name]Cal[/name] as a nickname. I don’t care for [name]Elias[/name] at all. I like [name]Max[/name] as a nickname, but I prefer Maxamillon to [name]Maximus[/name]. I’m not sure why but anytime I think of [name]Maximus[/name] I think of [name]NIssan[/name] [name]Maxima[/name] or I think of gluteus maximus!

I really love [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Malcolm[/name]! :slight_smile: