Question about names

I very much like both the names [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] though I am hesitant to use them for this reason…my own name is [name]Jasmine[/name]. I wonder if I use these names and others shorten them, like people almost inevitable do (my husband being one of those people) when my daughter(s) grow up will they find it silly that we all share flower names? I can imagine it would be cute when they are little but at 13, 15, 17 I can see them rolling their eyes every time someone points that out to them. For now I have decided to use [name]Rosalie[/name] as a middle name to my favorite name [name]Juliet[/name] because of this fear of becoming “a garden”. Am I am being silly or realistic about possible teasing or just annoyance on my children’s part. Also a side note though this plays less into it, we currently live on [name]Lily[/name] [name]Lane[/name] so if our daughter is [name]Lily[/name] will my neighbors think I couldn’t think of a name and just went with our street name. We won’t be living here forever (hopefully its just a starter home for us) so it might not be a big deal depending on when we have a daughter but its something I thought about too.

For me, [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] aren’t nearly as flowery as [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] would be. I doubt that many of their friends would pick up on the fact that you all had flower names (did you know the names of all your friends’ moms in school?), and even if they did, I can’t imagine them getting picked on about it. There are a LOT worse matchy names that people use. This really isn’t matchy to me at all, and I hate matching names. I say, if you love [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name], use them!

I second everything [name]Lyndsay[/name] said!

Those are such beautiful names! [name]Rosalie[/name] is one of my favorites! I do have a question for you–how do you pronounce it? I’ve heard [name]Rosa[/name]-LYE and [name]Rosa[/name]-[name]LEE[/name], but I’m just not sure. What do you all think?

I say [name]Rosa[/name]-[name]Lee[/name].

Ditto [name]Lyndsay[/name]! Pretty names.

Eew don’t use [name]Rosalie[/name]. I’m 16 and [name]Rosalie[/name] is clearly a name you picked out of Twilight. That is just incredibly tacky naming your child after a teen harlequin novel and everyone whose read the book (the entire teenage female population of [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name]) will be dissapointed. So, good luck that.

I have never read Twilight (though I vaguely know what it is . . .). [name]Rosalie[/name] isn’t exclusive to that book and it is a very beautiful, legitamate name.