Questions about the name Annabel

See the results of this poll: Annabel Sophia

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Yea: 16 (89%)
  • Nay: 2 (11%)

[name]Jasper[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name]! You have a lovely set of names, indeed!

1. [name]Will[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] age well? I know my opinion might be the minority here, but I see [name]Annabel[/name] as more of a “little girl” name, as, for me, the -bel ending gives the name an innocent, childish feel. I see [name]Annabel[/name] as a beautiful little girl, smart and spunky, but I have a hard time seeing an adult [name]Annabel[/name] as anything but perhaps a royal somewhere - [name]Princess[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]…

2. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is a pretty name, especially if you have a shorter last name.

3. Are [name]Genna[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] to cutesy for siblings? I don’t think so, but I do think that saying [name]Genna[/name] and [name]Annie[/name], together, out loud is quite difficult and awkward because of the dominance of N sounds. This bothers me a bit.

I personally don’t see [name]Annabel[/name] standing out as much as the absolutely gorgeous [name]Genevieve[/name]. I’d say that, if you want to keep the [name]Annie[/name] nickname, perhaps try an alternative like [name]Anneliese[/name]. It looks more dignified and interesting when combined with [name]Genevieve[/name] in my personal opinion. Though the name has two pronunciations, I prefer the ‘ann-uh-lease’ pronunciation rather than ‘ahn-uh-lee-zuh’. [name]Anneliese[/name] can also be shortened to [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Lisa[/name] if you so choose. I’d also suggest another classic like your name, [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My pick would be [name]Caroline[/name], as [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is absolutely beautiful! You could easily to [name]Genna[/name] and [name]Carrie[/name] or [name]Genna[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] for that one…

Best of luck to you!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annabel[/name], and I think it fits beautifully with [name]Genevieve[/name] (whose name I love too!). To answer your questions:

1. I don’t think the nns are too matchy. I don’t like matchiness, but I do think although these have some sounds in common that they don’t sound too similar.
  2. I’ve worked with 2 Annabels in a professional capacity and not known any baby Annabels, so I have the opposite view on this. I think it’s a gorgeous name for a little girl, but I can definitely see it in a professional capacity. It’s a classic sort of name, and both the women I met wore it very well.

Good luck!

I too love [name]Annabel[/name], think it goes perfectly with [name]Genevieve[/name], and believe it ages very well. Great choice!

Ditto!

[name]Annabel[/name] ([name]Annabelle[/name]) is one of my favorite names, and I think that [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is gorgeous! I can easily picture it on a baby, a little girl, a teenager, and an adult, and it’s a name I would personally love to have or use.

I love [name]Genevieve[/name] so much, too, and think that [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] are an amazing pair! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!

I think the two names go well together, and it will definitely age well. But, and this is just my personal opinion, I like the look of [name]Annabelle[/name] better. It looks fuller, and… prettier, and I like the longer version with [name]Genevieve[/name]. But whatever you like better I suppose!