Quick list revision

I’ve been on Nameberry for about a decade now, and my list has stayed largely the same for a good portion of that time. I recently got around to doing a slight revision, and I’d love some feedback.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] –– Revised from [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] –– Revised from [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] –– Revised from [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] –– [name_u]New[/name_u] addition
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] –– [name_u]New[/name_u]-ish addition
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] –– No change
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] –– [name_u]New[/name_u] addition
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] –– Revised from [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] –– Revised from [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] –– Revised from [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Heloise[/name_f]

Dropped: [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Annalise[/name_f]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] –– No change
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] –– [name_u]New[/name_u]-ish addition
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] –– No change
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Penn[/name_u] –– No change
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] –– Revised from [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] –– No change
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] –– Revised from [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] –– Revised from [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] –– [name_u]New[/name_u] addition
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] –– [name_u]New[/name_u] addition

Dropped: [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] & [name_m]Justus[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m]

Does anything stand out to you on the new lists?

What a lovely list! I especially love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]. While I like [name_m]Judah[/name_m] too, to me they have very different vibes. I think of [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as being sleek, modern, and stylish, and I think it’s great paired with [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]!

1 Like

I love these! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are:

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]

[name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] – this is stunning, bright and intersting

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] -this is so vintage, cheery and charming

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] – this feels so sophisticated

[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] – this has a nice simplicity

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] - full of unexpected flair

[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] - charming and unexpected

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] – this feels really literary, i like it

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] –sweet and lovely

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] – I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would look better but it’s a sweet combo

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - sleek and stylish

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] –– a nice balance of strong and soft

[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] – flows well but im not a big fan of [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]

[name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] –love this! [name_u]Strong[/name_u] yet sunny

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Penn[/name_u] –– brilliant, bubbly and funky

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] –– i prefer Saywer [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] but this works well too

[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] – unexpected and cool!

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] –– love the balance in this

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] - excellent combo! Cool, bright and artsy

[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] – i like this a lot. Feels classic and modern all at one

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] -simple and sophisticated

1 Like

I am so in love with your list!!!

Overall feedback for girl’s list:
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]- This is really nice, I can just picture an [name_f]English[/name_f] maiden with this name.
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]- I think I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], but [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is really sweet too. I’ve always found [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] to have a really sharp sound to it. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a puzzlement to me- it sounds sharp to me but also soft at the same time. I can’t make up my mind. But they sound good together.
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]- I’ve never really liked the name [name_f]Cora[/name_f]- I had a teacher with that name long ago, and I guess I just can’t disassociate them.
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]- Ooh, this name sounds so classic and nice, if a little… used. What about [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]? I just think that if you’re just going by the first name, [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is a little bland. However, if you’re going for a traditional-sounding name, it sounds good- it would be the good sort of name for someone who goes by their first and middle name.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]- I am so in love.
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]- This name is super sweet. I like [name_f]Celia[/name_f] so much better than [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], and [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] complements it super nicely.
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f]- hmmm, I’m not so sure about this one. I don’t really like the flow.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]- Ooh, this is really pretty. I love the name [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a really short-and-sweet first name for it. It reminds me of the deep south, while the rest of your names remind me of [name_f]England[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]- [name_f]Norah[/name_f] is one of those names that sounds sort of sharp or harsh to me, but [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is still a good combo
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]- ooh, this name sounds so stylish

Overall feedback for boy’s list:
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- I agree with greyblue on this one, [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] sounds super soft to me while [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is really strong (although greyblue might think of it the other way around) and it makes for a nice balance
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]- I’m pretty sure this is the name of one of the characters from ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ (first name last name). But it’s cool.
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]- I’ve known so many Reids in my life who I strongly dislike, so I just can’t negate that association, but I’m sure that I would like it if I didn’t have that connection.
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Penn[/name_u]- wow, this is one of those unexpected combinations that’s super cool
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]- hmmmmm… I like [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] but very much dislike [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]- I had a female friend named Mikiel or something who went by [name_u]Micah[/name_u], so I ALWAYS associate [name_u]Micah[/name_u] with females.
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]- Ooh, this sounds so intelligent and sturdy
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u]- This is one of the more romantic-sounding names from your list, and I really like it.
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]- Both of those are names that I’d never have considered until reading your list! Thumbs up!
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]- :heart: :heart: :heart:

I actually really like [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

Favorites from the girl’s list:
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] (:heart: I looooovvvvveeee this so much!!!)
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

Favorites from the boy’s list:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (favorite)
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (Especially if he went by [name_u]Theo[/name_u])
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u]

1 Like

Oooo! I love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]! [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] has much better flow this way. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] is so sweet! I also love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]!

For boys, I’m loving [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u]!

Overall, great additions and modifications! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] list!

1 Like

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - I’m usually not a huge fan of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], but oh my gosh, [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is stunning. The imagery this gives off is beautiful, like a young girl reading a book in a castle while it’s snowing outside.
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - this is very spunky, I like it! I love both names on their own, so together I think they’re nice. I slightly prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], but that’s probably because [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is one of my most favorite middle names.
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. I think it’s so pretty, [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is on my list. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] isn’t my favorite [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name, but it pairs well with [name_f]Cora[/name_f]!
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - I’ve never been a huge fan of [name_u]Anne[/name_u]. I know it’s a classic, I’ve just known so many it has lost its charm. I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is so sweet, though.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] - this is one of the most stunning combos I have ever seen. I love it SO much, oh my gosh. It’s literally perfect, I feel like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] were made to go together.
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] - so pretty! I prefer [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] personally, but [name_f]Celia[/name_f] is nice too. [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] is one of my favorites, especially in the middle. It reminds me of [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] Addams, which is the best association to me.
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] - this is pretty! I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] because it has so many great nicknames (my favorites being [name_f]Posie[/name_f] and [name_f]Effie[/name_f]!). I like [name_f]Emma[/name_f], but it’s too overused for me now so I don’t love it as much.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] - this is just the sweetest. I love [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], and it pairs perfectly with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (which I think is the cutest name!)
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - another pretty combo. I prefer the [name_f]Nora[/name_f] spelling though. I think it’s underappreciated and lovely! [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is great.
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - I love this! I know [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is popular, but I have such a soft spot for it. I think [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are two of the most adorable names, so they’re so cute together!
(I think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is stunning!)

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - my two favorite boy names together, so I l o v e this! I played around with the combo [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] for awhile, actually! I think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is so handsome and cuddly.
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] - super cute! [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] is a new love of mine, because I really like the meaning. [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] is a very soft, sweet name imo.
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] - I really love [name_u]Sam[/name_u], but I’m not a fan of [name_m]Samson[/name_m], sorry. I like [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] more, that’s a personal preference though.
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Penn[/name_u] - I love seeing more love for [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]! I know not everyone is a fan, but I think it’s so quirky and sweet. It sounds nice with [name_u]Penn[/name_u].
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] - this sounds very southern. [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] is sweet. I’m not the biggest fan of [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], but it goes well with [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]. I prefer [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] (but again, it’s because I don’t really like [name_m]Harrison[/name_m])
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - two of my favorite names. This is both sweet, and soft. I love this a lot.
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - this also sounds very southern to me. Like the name of a cowboy. I really like it though. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is so handsome, and I like the sound of [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] next to it.
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] - strong and very cool. I like [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as a middle name. Also really like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Roux[/name_u] though, too.
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] - I really like these two paired together! I love both of these names on their own, and the flow is nice when put together.
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - very classic and sleek!
(also really love [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]!)

overall, your list is really great. my favorites are [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]!
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - Pretty, but I do think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] packed more of a punch.
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - Not a fan of how the -ra at the end of [name_f]Cora[/name_f] runs in to the [name_f]Ro[/name_f]- at the beginning of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f].
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - Classic, yet fresh, and absolutely gorgeous!
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] - [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] is nms, but this combo is really fun and unexpected with great flow!
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] - Great flow, just not a fan of [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], personally. Objectively, though, it’s a great combo!
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] - Not loving [name_f]Emma[/name_f] in the middle here, tbh. Not sure why…maybe it just doesn’t flow as well?
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] - Stunning! This has a very laid-back, Southern vibe. (Funny, though – [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is actually on my own list!)
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - While I personally prefer the [name_f]Nora[/name_f] spelling, I think these two are lovely together!
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - Very cute and [name_u]French[/name_u].

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - LOVE.
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] - Nms, but definitely flows well.
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] - See the above.
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_u]Penn[/name_u] - Intriguing pair…but not bad by any means.
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] - Feels a little too surname-y, tbh.
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - Not really a fan of either name myself, but I quite like them together like this. They sound great!
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - Fine, but I do prefer [name_m]Judah[/name_m] to [name_u]Jude[/name_u].
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] - Feels just the same as [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] – gentle, Southern, charming, etc.
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] - See [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m].
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - Fine combo, if a little common – doesn’t really wow like some of your others on the list, tbh. Perhaps because [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is just so popular. Though that’s nothing if you love the name!