Quick Question

See the results of this poll: Does Po work as a nickname for Persephone?

Respondents: 64 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, it does work as a nickname Persephone. : 44 (69%)
  • No, it does not work as a nickname for Persephone.: 20 (31%)

I think it could work as a family nickname name — it’s pretty cute for a little girl.

I would much prefer Sephy too. Friends come and go, rarely will a friend stay very prominent in your life for longer than 5 years, at least that is what we were taught in sociology class. Of course I don’t know your particular situation with your friend, but I would keep it in mind that in all likely hood you could have a different social circle in a couple of years. Your child will be with you forever, so go with what you truly love. Plus, your friend may find it flattering.

I voted that yes, it could work for [name]Persephone[/name], but I agree, I like Sephie much more. Around here, the police are called the po/the po-po, haha, usually not in a very positive light, so [name]Po[/name] doesn’t seem that great to me. Although I guess it could be a nice reference to [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Allan[/name] [name]Poe[/name]. :slight_smile:

A nickname can be anything you want! Although I’m not a fan of [name]Po[/name], I think it works fine for [name]Persephone[/name].

Have you considered [name]Perry[/name] / Persy / [name]Penny[/name] / [name]Effy[/name] / Enny?

Technically it works. It could be quite cute, just wouldn’t be my first choice personally.

I voted yes seeing as it does work and would be cute. But I prefer Sephy/Sephie.

It definitely works. I think [name]Percy[/name]/Persy would be adorable too.

it works, but I don’t care for it

It works but I don’t like it, much prefer Sephy.

I think [name]Posy[/name] could work too.

I don’t really see how it works for [name]Persephone[/name], yes they both start with the letter P, and [name]Persephone[/name] has an O in it, but it’s pronounced per-sef-UH-nee, not per-sef-OH-nee. I am really picky about stuff like that though, and I have no clue how other people pronounce [name]Persephone[/name]. I do love [name]Po[/name] though, it’s adorable, I think [name]Po[/name] works great for [name]Posy[/name] or [name]Poet[/name]!

I don’t love [name]Po[/name], and prefer Sephy as well. What about [name]Percy[/name]/Perci?

I love a lot of the nicknames for the name [name]Persephone[/name] but I think [name]Po[/name] would be adorable while she was little and it takes away the confusion of potential having two Sephy’s in the same friendship group. My mother, who first suggested the name, would probably call her [name]Percy[/name] and I like that option if she’s a tomboy.

I’m not pregnant, this is all just hypothetical.

[name]Po[/name] definitely works for [name]Persephone[/name]! I like [name]Po[/name] a lot more than Sephy.