Rachel vs. Rachael

I’m torn between the two spellings - do you prefer [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] or [name_f]Rachael[/name_f]?

• [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Rachael[/name_f]

0 voters

Thanks! :sparkling_heart:

I like the look of [name_f]Rachael[/name_f] better but I think it might get misspelled a lot.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]! [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] seems more intuitive to me.

1 Like

I’ve met both spellings before, so I suppose either would work fine. But I prefer [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]. It’s so much simpler, and I like the look of it better myself.

1 Like

Either can definitely work, I just personally prefer the look of [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] more!

1 Like

I prefer the cleaner, simple [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]. It’s a lovely name!

1 Like

Rachel! [name_f]Rachael[/name_f] just looks fussy to me

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]. I think with [name_f]Rachael[/name_f], you would always have to spell it out.

1 Like

Rachel is the laid back version that I prefer.

1 Like

Rachel looks better and is much easier to spell. The one [name_f]Rachael[/name_f] I knew wished she’d been called [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] instead.

1 Like

Stick with the dominant spelling ([name_f]Rachel[/name_f]), unless you have a particular defined reason to use the other.

I instinctively pronounce [name_f]Rachael[/name_f] like rach-eye-ell because in latin ae makes the noise eye