Rainbow baby sibling to Sebastian

We are expecting our rainbow baby Dec 2 after losing a baby boy last [name_u]December[/name_u]. I think that loss has made it hard for my husband to do anything that will get us excited/attached because the loss was very hard on both of us. Our son is named [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] and we both absolutely love his name and the nns Bash and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] that he goes by most often. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] also references the [name_m]Saint[/name_m] who was beyond tough (if you know the story of [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] you know what I’m talking about!) and the name fits him perfectly he is a strong, courageous and willful little man.

I thought maybe a name that has a special meaning for a rainbow baby would be a good idea, but the ones I could think of were fails. I liked [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] a lot, but hubby said absolutely not. And that was one of the only real responses he has given to any name suggestion. I haven’t found anything I like as much as [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], though. We named our angel baby [name_u]December[/name_u] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] because it was the first snowfall in [name_u]December[/name_u] (one of my favorite things is the first [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] time snow) when I looked out the window after, so the names we had been considering didn’t matter to us anymore.

So far the names I like, with little acknowledgment from hubby of an opinion at all:

[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
[name_m]Damien[/name_m]

[name_f]Rosemond[/name_f] (my great grandma’s name)
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]

Hubby has said [name_m]George[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (yes like the royals but he actually liked those names before they were born lol), but he has said them every time now and knows I don’t like them.

Any suggestions to go with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] would be great. Doesn’t have to have any kind of rainbow baby meaning, but I thought maybe that would make the name seem “more right” if you know what I mean?

Thanks!

I’m sorry about your loss! Maybe as it gets later in the pregnancy it will be less scary and your husband will have more opinions. I like [name_f]Rosemond[/name_f]! [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] is also pretty. [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is very harsh sounding to me and [name_m]Damien[/name_m] sounds a bit dated to my ears, but the others are nice.

Ideas:
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] (patron saint of music)
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] (“flourishing” + [name_f]Florence[/name_f] Nightingale association)
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (strength)
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
Theresa nn Tess

[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] nn [name_u]Gus[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] (happy)
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m] (lion man)
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

What about [name_f]Iris[/name_f]? Sounds great with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and has a nice meaning too (‘rainbow’). We almost used it for our rainbow baby :slight_smile:

So sorry for your loss :frowning:

I think [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] pair wonderfully with big brother [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]!

What about;

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (meaning “happiness”)
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexina[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Christina[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]

[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_m]Christian[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Mattias[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]

I hope this helps!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] (clear, bright, famous)
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] / [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (happiness)
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] / [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] (light)
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] (blissful)
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f] (fame & joy,bliss)
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] (cheerful)
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] (cheerful)
[name_f]Eira[/name_f] (snow)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (bright, pure)
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] / [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] (gift of god)

I like [name_f]Rosemond[/name_f] alot and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. Some suggestions

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Joaquin[/name_m]
[name_m]Joachim[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Alastair[/name_m]

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Phaedra[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Melissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], and [name_m]Gerard[/name_m] for you. Or maybe [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]?

Lots here to consider! My name is [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] lol, so not that one for a boy! :joy:

I liked [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] from a book and hubby didn’t, but [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] could have that more manly sound he typically likes.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is such a versatile name, it goes with a lot. I’d definitely suggest [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] is such a cute sibset. And [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] for a boy. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/a, Theodoris etc all mean gift from god and I think it’s super appropriate.

You seem to like “fancy” vintage names, and your husband seems to like modern royal names (but not [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]?), which can often both be within the same subsect. Some suggestions may be:

Your Hubby will Like Most?:
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]— an older name that’s longer and frillier but not sure you’ll like it- you seem to go for the more romantic and softer-sounding longer names. Currently having a modern renaissance.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]— More worried you won’t like this one, kind of vintage and older-sounding but still a goody!
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]— Checks all the boxes. Hopefully a like for both of y’all!
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]— [name_m]New[/name_m] and pretty! Hopefully your hubby doesn’t think it’s not classic enough.
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]— Gorgeous, fresh, and definitely [name_u]Royal[/name_u] with a beautiful flowy flair.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]— Cute and new, but not necessarily classic. Your hubby has a higher chance of liking it, and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is so pretty alongside your other faves.

Your Hubby Might Like:
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]— Kind of mom-aged, but also old enough to be put on a baby and be considered pretty fresh. Also an a-ending name with a pretty sound, while also being classy and royal.
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]— Again, slightly older-woman-vibes— but not so much that it can’t sound new and pretty on a younger girl/later, a professional woman. Pretty, long, and ends in a— fits the bill?
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]/[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]— See above. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]/[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is always classic, but not sure you’ll like its lack of more frills and a-ending. Alternatively, [name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Katarina[/name_f]/other forms are beautiful too!!
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]— Definitely new and fresh any decade. Timeless and pretty and technically royal. Also very Russian-seeming as opposed to classic Englishwoman. Good luck, if you like this one!
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]— Having a renaissance and newer while still staying classy, but since your hubby called out [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], I’m guessing he’s either going to love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] so much or hate it with the same burning passion.

Potential Like Hopefully Maybe:
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]— fits your bill, and it’s royal. Guessing your husband thinks it’s an “old-lady name.”
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]— A little out there, but still gorgeous! Vintage and actually [name_u]Royal[/name_u], but guessing your hubby,who seems very into traditional [name_u]Royal[/name_u] names, won’t be as into it??
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]— guessing it’s not fresh enough for hubby :frowning:

Good luck and congrats on the baby!!

Lol you have us down pat! If hubby could have his ideal name it would be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]— toooo boring for me!

We had [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] picked for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] if he was a girl, but now hubby changed his mind!

I thought [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] would be a winner, but alas she is an old bag lady he says.

I love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]/[name_f]FiFi[/name_f]-- hubby put the stopper on that one too.
Pretty much everyone else is an old lady to him.

I think he may like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], so will run those by him. [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (keeping with the family name middle name trend we have with Bash) was perfect to [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] I thought:(

What does everyone think about [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]? A little more romantic to me, but has that classic vibe hubby might like too.

I love [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]! So pretty! There’s also [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] as I see some Italian names on your list. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is my #1 name & has been for 5 years now. I also love [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] & [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]!! Maybe you’ll like some of these:

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Callista[/name_f] / [name_f]Calista[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinna[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] / [name_f]Delphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Giulietta[/name_f] / [name_f]Julietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] / [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianne[/name_f] / [name_f]Ariane[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]

[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] / [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] / [name_m]Augustin[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] / [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m]
[name_m]Benicio[/name_m]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m] / [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] / [name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Valentino[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m] / [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] / [name_m]Luciano[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] / [name_m]Marcello[/name_m]
[name_m]Massimo[/name_m] / [name_m]Maximo[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] / [name_m]Everard[/name_m]
[name_m]Eduardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Alastair[/name_m]

[name_f]Kinda[/name_f] all over the place hopefully something catches your eye!

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to know I could help in any way, was hoping I didn’t mischaracterize your style! :slight_smile: Fingers crossed he likes [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f], they’re both so beautiful with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]!
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] is beautiful, go for it!

[name_f]May[/name_f] I make some more suggestions:
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] (you might not like the “hard T”)
[name_f]Katarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Katerina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]
[name_f]Catrina[/name_f], [name_f]Katrina[/name_f], [name_f]Catalina[/name_f], etc (see [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]), I know I already suggested it but here are all the variations I could immediately think of!
Jacquelina
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Madelina[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]/[name_f]Vivianna[/name_f]/[name_f]Viviana[/name_f]
Lucelia
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] (Classic, but I somewhat doubt y’all will like it…)
[name_f]Julietta[/name_f] (see [name_f]Natalia[/name_f])
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] (Not romantic enough?)
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] (Probably not classic enough?)

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] any of this helps!!! :slight_smile:

Edit: Accidental repeats, whoops!!

Lacekitty, Hubby is loving [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and we both are liking Peppa as a nn. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] loves Peppa pig so he will probably be excited too! I think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] for a middle name is our top girl name! We decided to go ahead and know the sex, so if it’s a girl I think our name dilemma will be over!!! Thanks for the great list it definitely got him talking!!

Awesome!! Peppa and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] are so cute on a little girl as well as charming on a young lady, and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] are STUNNING! I’m so glad to know I could help in any way :slight_smile: I’m so sorry for your loss, and I wish all the best for you and your little rainbow baby!! Congratulations :slight_smile: