Ramona or Paloma?

[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] feels modern day fashion designer who loves a 50s-80s ‘vintage’ aesthetic. I get stylish, fun, energetic, but also no nonsense, hard working, and determined too. She’d do, act, say, and dress how she likes, regardless of what anyone else thinks or says, and always pull it off spectacularly. For comparison I get similar vibes from [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]. Also I think [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is worth a mention, because I’ve always thought she embodies the name really well. And [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] rolls off the tongue so nicely imo.

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is more mysterious, darker, and quieter. I get more Victorian adjacent vibes, cobbled streets, and darkness only broken by streetlights. Probably something to do with vampires. I imagine a modern day [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] would enjoy reading, wear shirts under jumpers, and always have a book clutched to her chest. She’d seem a little shy and quiet, lost in her own world, and all of a sudden she’d be correcting someone stubbornly refusing to listen to the facts or calmly slamming a bigot (the usual). She knows a lot, but no-one is quite sure if it’s just through books or there’s real life experience in there. Namewise I get the same feeling from [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. And I definitely think I get the mysterious, unknown backstory element because of [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] Flowers in [name_u]Scott[/name_u] Pilgrim.

If the two weren’t too similar sound-wise, I can imagine [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] as sisters who get on each other’s last nerve, but are fiercely loyal and the first to come to the other’s defense or aid (whatever the case may be).

As much as I love saying [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], there’s something about [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] (and Mona?) that keeps calling me back.

I hope this makes some sense!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this, thank you so much for all that detail! I can totally see where you’re coming from on all of this, lots to reflect on.

1 Like

I really enjoyed doing it tbh! It’s been a while since I’ve had a nice, strong image to describe, let alone two. Plus I’m kinda crushing on [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] especially now :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I just love [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]. It’s sophisticated and artsy and a tad quirky; the sound is interesting too - it feels both soft and powerful at the same time. Plus, I love the [name_m]Picasso[/name_m] connection as well as its meaning - ‘dove’ - and its symbolism of peace.

I’m not quite as into [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] although it has been growing on me of late. It feels feisty and intelligent, and I like the children’s book connection (although I haven’t actually read them).

Both are lovely and, in addition to their sounds, have a similar feel - both are dark and velvety, luscious without being overly decadent. But [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] wins out for me for sure.

1 Like

I really love both names, but [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] just a tad more. Both of them seem like artsy girls that wear sundresses, peasant blouses, and short jean shorts. :blush:

I like the sounds of [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] just a little bit more, so that’s why I’d choose it. It also has more of an ethereal, “divine” vibe to go with other mythological names. :wink:

1 Like

Both names are gorgeous, but I think I prefer [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]. Such a lovely name, and I love the [name_m]Picasso[/name_m] association :blush:

1 Like