Ramona

If I put this with [name]Beatrice[/name] as a sibset would it scream [name]Beverly[/name] cleary? I love the name but worry that together it’s just silly. One week until baby and still no name. We also like [name]Althea[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name]. Honest opinions?

yes, [name]Beverly[/name] [name]Cleary[/name] all the way. If you like it though that is all that matters. I think [name]Romona[/name] is pretty , but I love love love [name]Lydia[/name].

The connection is definitely there, but is it a bad connection? Not really.

Sorry, I don’t remember your other kids names. I like all 4 of your options though. They are all pretty names in their own way.

Yes, I don’t think you can do [name]Beatrice[/name] with [name]Ramona[/name], sorry! It’s like [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Jill[/name] I think, a little too theme-y. I really like [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name], though! I love [name]Ramona[/name] but not with Beezus, I mean [name]Beatrice[/name].

Although I love [name]Ramona[/name], I don’t think I would do it either. [name]Imogen[/name] is a great name too. Good luck!

I feel your pain! For ages I thought [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Quincy[/name] would be a great sibset, and then the [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Quimby[/name] link hit me. I love [name]Ramona[/name], but I agree that using it with [name]Beatrice[/name] might be a bit much. I think [name]Althea[/name] is really nice with [name]Beatrice[/name].

ok, thanks for talking sense into me there–I was wavering because my husband insisted it was ‘fine’–but I know he can’t really be trusted with these things!

Forgot to mention we also like [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Susana[/name]. [name]Just[/name] not sure on nicknames for [name]Susana[/name]–I like [name]Annie[/name] but I doubt that’s intuitive. I’m not crazy about [name]Suzie[/name].

My favourite nn’s for [name]Susana[/name]/[name]Susannah[/name] are [name]Sana[/name]/[name]Sanna[/name], [name]Zanna[/name] or [name]Suki[/name].

I love that name by the way! Good luck :slight_smile:

thanks for all your help—ljandri you’ve given me lots of suggestions during this process.

will post what we call baby soon.