Ramona

I’ve just started warming up to this name and wanted opinions from all you Berries! :slight_smile: What type of person do you picture having this name? [name]Do[/name] you find it elegant? Is it too [name]Quimby[/name]?

Thanks!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Ramona[/name], and I warmed up to it even more as a fan of the [name]Scott[/name] Pilgrim book series/movie. My only issue would be if people started calling her [name]Mona[/name], which I don’t like.

for a Californian, it also brings to mind the novel [name]Ramona[/name] by [name]Helen[/name] [name]Hunt[/name] [name]Jackson[/name].

While I loved the [name]Beverley[/name] [name]Cleary[/name] books as a kid, I think they are less ubiquitous among the kids of today. There is so much more children’s literature competing for the attention of the modern child, that I think it’s less likely that [name]Ramona[/name] the Pest will be an automatic association.

I love [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Mona[/name], too. I think the [name]Quimby[/name] connection is likely to come up in the early school years, but I don’t see that as a problem.

I don’t see [name]Ramona[/name] as elegant, or not quite. I think of the name grouped with [name]Rebecca[/name]–slightly homespun, but with poise and tasteful restraint.

I think this, a bit. Rather like [name]Willa[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name]? A little Old [name]West[/name], a little Depression era, sweet tea and wide sunhats, but not hillbilly.

I really REALLY love [name]Ramona[/name] and it makes me sad we can’t use it, we have the worst last name ever for [name]Ramona[/name].

This is one of my major, secret name crushes. I do think Quimbly, but love that! I picture a bob with bangs :slight_smile:

[name]Vivienne[/name] was almost [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Drew[/name] early on. In polls, [name]Ramona[/name] was always the least popular of our name possibilities. ButvI think that makes it more underground cool. The fact that [name]Maggie[/name] Gyllenhaal used it AND because of [name]Scott[/name] Pilgrim it gives it some hipster cred too. I agree that it sounds like [name]Willa[/name] & [name]Susannah[/name], but not [name]Rebecca[/name]… and would even say it’ll be in the next wave of hipster names like [name]Clementine[/name] & [name]Hattie[/name].

The only drawback for me is the [name]Ramona[/name] Singer from Real Housewives of NY association. Lthough that 15 minutes has gotta burst before it’ll affect your school-aged [name]Ramona[/name].

Thanks for all the replies so far! I love the descriptions that you all have given of how you picture a [name]Ramona[/name]! That’s definitely the type of name I like – something spunky, unique, and sweet.

Keep the opinions coming! :slight_smile:

[name]Lovely[/name] name… [name]Ramona[/name].

Somewhat [name]Quimby[/name] but that’s a great association for me!! That image - spunky imaginative bold - balances the names more old fashioned prim sound. So when I think of name, there’s a lot to choose from.

(I loved the [name]Ramona[/name] books and the TV series that was on in the 80s!)

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ramona[/name]!

[name]Ramona[/name] absolutely would’ve been my daughters name if my husband didn’t have a long R name that sounded so off with it!!

[name]Ramona[/name] is strong & elegant in an almost severe way like [name]Ingrid[/name] or [name]Sidonie[/name].
it’s also sweet & spunky & pigtail wearing to me like [name]Phoebe[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name].
I can picture a [name]Doctor[/name] or a punk rocker. A baby or an old lady.
Pretty much a perfect name imo.
And cute nn options like [name]Ro[/name], [name]Romy[/name], [name]Mona[/name], [name]Minnie[/name]…

I really like the name [name]Ramona[/name]! I think [name]Romy[/name] is an adorable nn! I tried to add it to my list only to be rejected by DH!

Oh well! I would love to see [name]Ramona[/name] on a little girl! Its super spunky and cute but i think it will age well too!

I picture [name]Ramona[/name] Flowers from the [name]Scott[/name] Pilgrim comic’s. Spunky and Mysterious!

[name]Ramona[/name] is an awesome name and I’d love to meet a little [name]Ramona[/name]! Unfortunately for me, (and my husband who absolutely despises the show,) the name [name]Ramona[/name] is forever ruined by the crazy as a bat [name]Ramona[/name] Singer on The Real Housewives of NYC. Her 15 minutes of fame will be over soon, but the name is ruined for me regardless.

Some clever [name]Berry[/name] on here has a daughter named [name]Ramona[/name] [name]May[/name], which I think is absolutely perfect!

[name]Love[/name] ramona… see her having dark hair and light eyes. Smart and quiet! Funny and sweet…