Raphael Paz Yulu

Hello everyone :smiling_face:

I asked for advice for boy names in this thread a while back. We got so many great and very considerate tips, for which we were very grateful. I had mentioned liking [name_m]Rafael[/name_m], and some of you commented that that was a great name and that I should continue convincing my partner to go for that one.

I didn’t try convincing him of anything, but suddenly he realized he liked [name_m]Rafael[/name_m], on the condition that it was written [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and that we would never shorten it to [name_m]Raf[/name_m] or [name_u]Rafa[/name_u] or anything other than the full name.

Our baby turned out to be a boy, an incredibly beautiful boy, and he goes by the name [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Paz[/name_u] Yulu.

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] means “healing” and “reparation”, which we both find very touching.

[name_u]Paz[/name_u] is a reference to my grandfather, who was an orphan and war prisoner and yet still become a happy, content man. I was very young when he died and remember his passing to be very peaceful, a man with a smile who was happy about the life he lived.

Yulu is Kikongo for “gift from heaven”. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner’s grandmother was given this nickname because she always made bread for the people who visited the hospital in her village.

Thank you all so much again for your input :heart_eyes:

40 Likes

congratulations on your little dude! [name_m]Rapheal[/name_m] is such an awesome name and love the honor names for middles!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to little [name_m]Rapheal[/name_m]!

Huge congratulations!

Such a lovely meaningful name.

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is very romantic :dove:

Wishing you all the best with your baby boy

Congratulations! He has a gorgeous, meaningful name :yellow_heart:

huge congratulations!! he has a lovely name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations!! I have always loved [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]- such a gorgeous name!

Congratulations! I love the name [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]!

Congratulations!! [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is a wonderful name, and I love the honor names!!

Congratulations!! Wishing you all (and especially baby Raphael!!) so much health and happiness :green_heart:

What a gorgeous name! Many congratulations :heart:

What an amazing name! Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful boy :heart:

Congratulations! What a lovely, meaningful name!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has a lovely name :heart:

One of the most stunning names I’ve ever seen! Congratulations, and welcome, [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]!

This is a great name!

Congratulations! I, too, love Raphael’s beautiful meaning, and find your backstory for [name_u]Paz[/name_u] and Yulu to be heartwarming. [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Paz[/name_u] Yulu makes a perfect choice.