[name]Julie[/name]
[name]Sue[/name] / [name]Susan[/name] / [name]Susie[/name]

There are also aunts, and I’m not sure he’d want to have a mn after an aunt:
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] / [name]Cathy[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]

I could go male names, but I really don’t want to - the only male is [name]James[/name] b/c he passed away. Everyone else is alive still - except for my grandfather - [name]Stanley[/name], but I really don’t think there is anyway to feminize that, lol.

You [name]DO[/name] have a [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Cathy[/name] - [name]Cait[/name]! You could use [name]May[/name] for [name]Mary[/name] or [name]June[/name] for [name]Julie[/name], but that is a bit of a stretch, I suppose. Anybody have good middle names among the grandmothers and mothers?

[name]Cait[/name] could work, I guess. [name]Patrick[/name]'s grandmother is [name]Mary[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. And his aunt is [name]Catherine[/name].

As for other mn’s I don’t know any except my mom… [name]Lynn[/name] and possibly my grandmother’s was [name]Rose[/name].

That’s great! [name]Do[/name] you and [name]Patrick[/name] like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Cait[/name]? I was also thinking that [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Gorman sounds very nice, but I see you have no relatives with that name. [name]Lynn[/name] would work, too, but it seems kind of like a dated middle name in a way…

Good luck, [name]Raquel[/name]!

It’s getting closer and closer to being [name]Sariah[/name]! He said he really is starting to like [name]Sariah[/name] and for him it’s between [name]Sariah[/name], [name]Shayla[/name], and [name]Julianna[/name]. For me it’s between [name]Sariah[/name], [name]Cadence[/name], and [name]Julianna[/name]. He said [name]Cadence[/name] is cool and you don’t hear it much, but it’s just not as pretty as [name]Julianna[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name]. So we maybe going into the hospital with [name]Julianna[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name]???

We were talking mn’s last night. He actually said [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] - but I feel the same way - a dated mn. Hmmm. I wonder what my great-grandmother’s mn was. [name]Alanna[/name] got my ggm’s fn - [name]Rose[/name] - for her mn, maybe she had a nice mn too!

[name]Patrick[/name] didn’t seem to excited about [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Cait[/name], though.

Oh, I am SO excited for you! [name]Glad[/name] to have finally narrowed it down?

Hmm…do some searching in your family tree and see what you come up with! I loved [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Cait[/name], but with Gorman I’m not sure it is the best option. Like I said before, [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Gorman is beautiful in my opinion, and it has the same feel as [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] just isn’t doing it for me, personally…

Let me know what you find!

Thanks!

I really don’t want to be set on a name going into the hospital - for some reason (weird I know). I guess I want to see her first to make sure the name fits her. But I just want to get it down to 2, maybe 3. And it looks like we have!

The other option we thought of was to use a winter name as a mn b/c we don’t want to just pick a mn out of the blue - it needs to have meaning to us. We really want to use a family name, though.

I tried getting him to go with the 2 mn thing, that way we could do one fam. name and one winter name, but he didn’t like that idea.

Yes, that’s great! I can’t wait to hear what she looks like…

I would peruse the family tree for names, but winter names are a cute idea, too! [name]Snow[/name] seems too obvious, but the Italian version, [name]Neve[/name], is kind of interesting. [name]Frost[/name] seems too harsh for a girl. Honestly, [name]Winter[/name] is my favorite, but I personally liked the idea of all of your children having the same number of syllables in their names - maybe that is of no importance to you. You could also use [name]Wynn[/name], a Welsh name meaning “white,” in addition to “fair” and “blessed” to symbolize the whiteness and purity of snow…

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but have you considered the name [name]Jenna[/name]? It’s kind of like [name]Juliana[/name], but not, because it doesn’t “rhyme” with [name]Alanna[/name]. Or, [name]Gemma[/name]?

[name]Neve[/name] is nice, so is [name]Wynn[/name]. We have been liking [name]Noelle[/name], but that came off the list - so maybe that is an option, too for a mn. I like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]James[/name], but at the same time I don’t. I’m trying to push for a different mn, but not too much b/c I know that he really wanted to honor his brother.

[name]Jenna[/name]??? … no. That was a name that we had on the list when I was pregnant with [name]Jacob[/name] - and now it has too much of a 90’s feel for me.

[name]Gemma[/name], I don’t like. I know that it’s supposed to be pn’d jem-ma, but I knew a hispanic girl with this name, and it was pn’d hem-ma. I can’t get past that hem-ma part. And the jem-ma part reminds me of the [name]Jem[/name] dolls… or (and you will probably laugh at this) that song from Mos Def - [name]Jam[/name] on it. The jem-ma pn just reminds me of the ‘jam on’ part.

Hahaha! Oh gosh. No to [name]Gemma[/name] then! And, now that you mention it, I see that [name]Jenna[/name] has a 90s feel.

My favorite is [name]Wynn[/name]. I think it is trendy but still has a cool, classic feel…

I’m going to be on Nameberry a bit more sporadically from this point until [name]January[/name], but I’ll try and check in every now and then to see how you are doing! :slight_smile:

I asked my mom today what my grandma’s mn was - it was [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Rose[/name]), and my ggm’s mn was [name]Ann[/name] ([name]Rose[/name] [name]Ann[/name]). My mom thinks we should use the mn [name]Rose[/name] again, and I am completely against it - I said that’s [name]Alanna[/name]'s mn. She wants us to name the baby [name]McKenna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. Then she said what about [name]Rose[/name] [name]Alanna[/name]? Yes, my mom is nuts! Oh, and she doesn’t like [name]Sariah[/name], [name]Shayla[/name], or [name]Cadence[/name] at all, and never said anything about [name]Julianna[/name]. We keep having to remind her its NOT her baby!

[name]Wynn[/name] is nice, but I have that feeling DH will not be going for it. I am still trying to find a family mn though. Once we exhaust all the names, I’ll start looking for a winter name.

I will see you around then, but I’ll miss talking to you all the time!

Take care. :slight_smile:

Oh, who cares what your mom thinks at this point. She’ll come around. Frustrating, though!

[name]Do[/name] you have any [name]Helen[/name]'s or [name]Eleanor[/name]'s in the family? [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Nell[/name] would be pretty! (Or whatever first name…)

I’ll be back on sometime, but until then, goodbye! :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh, [name]Raquel[/name], I just read that part about your mom saying you should name the baby [name]Rose[/name] [name]Alanna[/name], and I nearly fell off my chair! Granted, [name]McKenna[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would be an improvement, but not next to sweet, elegant, sophisticated [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! Boy oh boy!

I just spent the day decorating for [name]Christmas[/name], and I am worn out! Off to bed…

Yes, my mom is weird! Now she is making fun of the name [name]Sariah[/name] - saying soriasis!!! Can I just hit her, please? lol - just kidding. I really wouldn’t, but I want to.

So, it is most likely between [name]Sariah[/name] and [name]Julianna[/name] - [name]Cadence[/name] is still an option, though. But [name]Sariah[/name] is our top choice - we want to go into the hospital with a couple of options. Still working on the whole mn thing. And [name]Shayla[/name] and [name]McKenna[/name] came off the list.

The only thing was that DH wanted me to ask about other spellings of [name]Sariah[/name], so I’m going to post a thread about that. Someone pointed out to him that usually an ria combo sounds like ree (like [name]Rianna[/name]), where as an rya combo sounds like rye (like [name]Ryan[/name]). He just wants to make sure there are as little pn issues as possible, though we know we are going to run into that occasionally.

Take care - hope you rested well!

[name]Just[/name] a quick one to say: [name]Julianna[/name] is AWESOME! :slight_smile:

tc,

malachi

I’m even sick of your mom giving you a hard time, [name]Raquel[/name]! If it bugs her that much, she can call her granddaughter [name]Sari[/name] (SAIR-ee)! And, psoriasis is a SOR sound, not a SAIR (or suh) sound! [name]Sariah[/name] is sair-I-uh…

Goodness. Well, considering [name]Sariah[/name] is a Biblical (well, actually its from the Book of Mormon) name, I wouldn’t mess with the spelling to, say, a yooneek spelling like Saraya - this looks like sair-A-uh to me, and you are looking for sair-I-uh. I actually think that, despite its uniqueness, this name won’t cause too much pronunciation confusion.

Any headway on the middle name front at all? I’m glad you’ve narrowed your names to go into the hospital with! :slight_smile:

Ugh. I’m exhausted, so I’m going to keep this short. Spelling will be [name]Sariah[/name], if that is her name. Nothing on the mn yet - I am still working on it… along with a million other things that need to be done this week - and next!
Tomorrow I am going to try and go back and find that list of winter names that everyone so generously compiled for me a month or so ago. That way we have a list of family names and winter names - which DH is open to if we don’t find a good fam. name that fits. And, I am off to bed now - I need some sleep. Good night!

Good plan, [name]Raquel[/name]. Now, get some rest before that baby gets here! 7 days now, right?

I think I’m getting sick. :frowning: Everyone else in the house is sick, so it figures I’d get it too. [name]Jacob[/name] started earlier this week, then as it progressed he had an asthma attack. He finally just starting to get better. DH then got it, and now [name]Alanna[/name]. But she got it the worst…102.5 fever 2 nights in a row, and still has a low grade fever during the day if I don’t give her motrin. The dr. wants her on Motrin and Tylenol - alternating every 3 hrs. 'round the clock. And she has a nasty cough. Today my joints started aching, but I got both of my flu shots, so I don’t know what this is. Figures I wouldn’t be sick the entire pregnancy, then right before I’m due to deliver, I get sick. I know they’ll still deliver if I only have a cold, but I don’t know what will happen if I end up getting a fever.

Are you all ready for [name]Christmas[/name]? Did you get all your shopping done?

Not all ready for [name]Christmas[/name], and the shopping is STILL not done! What a nightmare…

Oh, I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well, especially before delivery! I hope that gets itself out of your system speedily! Aww, poor little [name]Alanna[/name] with such a bad temperature! I hope the whole family gets better in time to welcome the new arrival!

Hang in there! Wishing you some wellness right now! :slight_smile: