Rate my top 8. Thanks!

See the results of this poll: Hazel, Juliet or…

Respondents: 92 (This poll is closed)

• Hazel : 10 (11%)
  • Juliet : 24 (26%)
  • Indigo : 9 (10%)
  • Pearl : 11 (12%)
  • Winter : 10 (11%)
  • Violet : 11 (12%)
  • Maelys : 3 (3%)
  • Claire: 14 (15%)

This was hard, but my instinct said [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. its feminine and a strong sounding name to me.

I really like your list! It was tough for me to pick a number 1 to vote on, and even now I’m second-guessing my choice!

1.) [name_u]Winter[/name_u]—You see this more in the middle spot, but I love it in the first! A fresh, yet classically-appealing choice! “[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]” is a cute nn.
2.) [name_f]Maelys[/name_f]—Very intriguing! I hadn’t heard of it before. I think I really like it though! “[name_f]Mae[/name_f]” is a lovely nn.
3.) [name_f]Indigo[/name_f]—[name_f]Love[/name_f] this. “[name_f]Indie[/name_f]” is feminine yet with eclectic, rockstar appeal. The unisex [name_f]Indigo[/name_f] is just awesome on a girl, I think.
4.) [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]—Another one that’s more common in the middle spot, but is an eye-catching and memorable choice for the first! Earthy and cool, yet soft. Classic, yet fresh.
5.) [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]—A strong, feminine classic that isn’t too common these days.
6.) [name_f]Violet[/name_f]—[name_f]One[/name_f] of my favorite color names, but it seems to be becoming trendy. It’s squeaked into the top 100 and I worry it could continue to climb. If popularity isn’t a big deal to you, this is still a great choice!
7.) [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]—Vintage charm. I like to think of it more in reference to the hazelnut or hazelnut tree, as opposed to the eye color. Adds more depth to the meaning.
8.) [name_f]Claire[/name_f]—I love [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but she lacks the oomph I’m seeing in all these other names. A little wispy. She adds an airy elegance to the middle spot, however.

My faves are [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Indigo[/name_f].

Favourites are [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I chose [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] though as it’s so underused and has gorgeous imagery! I love the nn Hazy too. GL!

The only ones that strike me as strong are [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and [name_f]Indigo[/name_f]… The rest come across as rather weak to me personally.

For feminine and strong, I’d say [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is the top pick. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a close second. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] would be my third choice.

I voted for [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], but [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are lovely names. I would use the others in the mn spot.

[name_f]Maelys[/name_f] - I like the sound of this, if I am pronouncing it right…is it may-liss?
[name_f]Indigo[/name_f] - I like the look and feel of this, but not sure whether I would actually like it on a person. With the nickname [name_f]Indie[/name_f] though it could be cute.
[name_u]Winter[/name_u] - NMS, but again, with the nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] would be cute.

The rest are all very nice names. I think the strongest would be [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

I voted for [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], but [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are lovely names. I would use the others in the mn spot.

1 [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - strong name in a small package
2 [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - a vintage gem
3 [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - see [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
4 [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - due to the Shakespearean character, it’s hard for me to define this name as “strong”
5 [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - not my favourite nature/colour name
6 [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - better in the middle spot
7 [name_f]Maelys[/name_f] - reminds me of the word “malaise” (unease, discomfort)
8 [name_f]Indigo[/name_f] - brand name and I think it’s better on a boy

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] - this is my favorite
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - lovely
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - pretty
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - nice
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] - I like it

[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
[name_f]Indigo[/name_f]

I think the bolded 4 would make a fabulous sibset, with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a 5th since it’s a bit quieter.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Indigo[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Maelys[/name_f] fit your criteria best. [name_f]Indigo[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are solid options, too. But [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] don’t feel at all “strong” to me, especially [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

I picked [name_f]Violet[/name_f]… if we’re going from a hero standpoint (and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] wasn’t in my sphere) then [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] loses to [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] wasn’t heroic. but [name_f]Viola[/name_f] - from 12th [name_m]Night[/name_m] - she packed a punch!

good luck!

In order:

1. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]/[name_f]Violet[/name_f] share this spot.
  2. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Indigo[/name_f]/[name_u]Winter[/name_u]

I’d stop here but for reference:
7) [name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
8) [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

I voted for [name_f]Violet[/name_f], it being my favorite and all. :slight_smile: I also really love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_u]Winter[/name_u], and I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a middle.

I had a hard time choosing between [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] but I picked [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] would be a beautiful combo

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is the clear winner here.

1. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Maelys[/name_f]

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]- charming, down-to-earth, vintage-chic
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]- sweet, bubbly, cute
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]- a bit harsh and grating for my ears, but a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] favourite
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]- modern, a bit ethereal (I think of snow-covered forests with no humans in sight and the sound of whistling winter winds)
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]- a bit clunky to me
[name_f]Maelys[/name_f]- okay but a bit flat
[name_f]Indigo[/name_f]- sounds a bit masculine, and I also think of the bookstore chain
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- elegant, romantic, dramatic and beautiful. on my own favourites list! (not my favourite character though)

I voted for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. You may also like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. I second whoever suggested [name_f]Viola[/name_f]- she’s an awesome heroine!