Rate my top names please!

I’ve been posting a lot so I swear last post (I hope!) I’ve seen people ask for ratings for their name choices and I wanted to ask for that for our short list. It might help us finally decide as we have not gotten anywhere. Hoping this weekend we chose!

So what would you rate:

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]

Thank you!!

1 Like

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u] 7
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u] 4
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Austin[/name_u] 3
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] 8

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u] - 10
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u] - 3
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] - 4
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] - 5

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u] is my favorite!

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u] 10/10
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u] 8/10
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] 8/10
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] 6/10

1 Like

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u] 6.5/10
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u] 1/10
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] 5/10
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] 5/10

Curious if theres a really low rating if theres a specific reason or the name just isnt your taste! [name_m]Just[/name_m] want to make sure I’m not missing something glaring!!

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u]-10/10 I love the flow of these two names together!
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u]-9/10 I like this combo! It has a more classic but not overused first name, and a sort of “trendier” middle name!
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]-8/10 I don’t love the flow of this name, I’d have to see with the last name but it isn’t as smooth. But I do love both of these names separately! [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] is getting really popular right now so they might not be the only [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] in their class!
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]-8/10 Same scenario as above, I really like both of these names separately but am not super sold on how they flow together.

Overall, just go with the name you love and feel like is your son! Worst case, take some to the hospital with you and decide when you see him! Also, remember that you don’t say the middle name soo often so if that’s what you back don’t let it!

2 Likes

I’m going to preface this with the names not being my style, so rather than rating them, which I think is probably prone to me being unfair, I’ve ranked them instead.

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u]

I’d agree with those saying if you really can’t decide, take maybe your top two or three to hospital and go from there. You can swap out middle names or just work it out when you see them! Good luck.

1 Like

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] Reese -8
Marshall Austin-6
Wyatt Asher-6
Grant Alaric-6

[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] 9/10
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u] 9/10
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] 7/10
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u] 4/10

@Rachelhaydenberk in my case, I do think [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u] flowed the best compared with the others and so I sort of mentally detracted a point from the others for that. But the rest is then reflected in personal preference to the names themselves and the spellings in the case of [name_u]Reese[/name_u] vs [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] for example. I do like [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] by the way and [name_u]Asher[/name_u]. [name_u]Austin[/name_u] I prefer spelled as [name_u]Austen[/name_u] with the author connection.

1 Like

Hi there.

Go ahead & post as much as you like!

Here are my favorite to least favorite-

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u]-I would tweak this & spell it [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] because [name_u]Reese[/name_u] is used for girls w/that spelling. Either way, this combo is darling. [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] is such a smart, classy, lovable name. It’s simple & well known but not too over done.

Wyatt [name_u]Asher[/name_u]-This is a very cool cowboy-y sounding combo. [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] is rugged yet charming. A bit popular, but not too trendy or anything.

Marshall [name_u]Austin[/name_u]-This is not my cup of tea personally, but I like that it’s a good solid name that you rarely hear these days. And actually pairing it w/Austin makes it sound even more interesting.

Grant [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]-This is fine. I just don’t care for [name_m]Grant[/name_m]. It’s a little bland to me.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elliot [name_u]Reese[/name_u]—It’s okay. Reminds me of the kid from ET.
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]—[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]’s a bit too cowboy like for me.
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u]—I like [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and feel it’s daring and different.
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]—I’ve known too many middle aged Grants.

1 Like

Elliot [name_u]Reese[/name_u]- 8/10 my favorite out of the four! It’s very sweet and poetic.
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u]- 6/10 I can’t help but think of [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] Mathers, and [name_u]Austin[/name_u] isn’t my cup of tea. But I still like this name because it has a lot of personality and I think it’s probably not very common!
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]- 7/10 While I don’t love either name on its own, I think together they work really well!
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]- 4/10 not my cup of tea, but definitely very elegant and studious!

1 Like