Rate the User Card w/ Questions!

I know there is a rate the user card going on where you rate individual names and combos, but I like some past forums where there are questions about the user card, so, I’m bringing some of these questions back for a new thread!

1. In general, how would you describe the previous posters style, what do you like best about it, is there something you don’t like?

4. What’s your favorite combo? Least favorite? What do or don’t you like about them, how would you change them?

2. What are your top 6-8 favorite names from firsts and middles, any gender?

3. Use the answers to question 2 to make new combos.

6. Suggest new names they might like based on what the rest of their user card

If you have specific questions about your user card, feel free to mention those at the end after rating the previous poster card

1 Like

Generally I’d describe your style as daring and dashing with a very medieval vibe! I really love this style. It’s too brave for me personally but I love it for other people! The only hesitation I have is that not all of these names seem usable on the child, but then this is just a UC, not a list of names for a child.

My favorite combo is [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Sinclaire[/name_u] “[name_u]Penn[/name_u]!” [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is so cool and [name_u]Sinclaire[/name_u] is quite interesting and unique. Nn [name_u]Penn[/name_u] is beyond creative and I love it!
Least favorite is [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] [name_m]Coal[/name_m], but there’s nothing wrong with it in particular— just not for me.

My top names are [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_u]Rosen[/name_u], [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m], [name_u]Penrose[/name_u], [name_u]Laureate[/name_u], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], and [name_u]Basil[/name_u]! Combos could be [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Rosen[/name_u], [name_u]Laureate[/name_u] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]Archer[/name_u], and [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Basil[/name_u].

You might like [name_f]Eurydice[/name_f], Driftwood, [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_m]Perseus[/name_m], [name_m]Leander[/name_m]/Lysander, [name_f]Chamomile[/name_f], [name_f]Calico[/name_f], or [name_f]Eadlin[/name_f]!

Next poster feel free to do my Finnish and [name_f]English[/name_f] combos separately or together, or just one or the other if it’s too long.

1 Like

@EllieWilbury

I would describe your (English) style as mystical and literary. You have a brilliant way of crafting a combo comprised of an old, well-established classic name and a more daring, fantastical name. I really admire this! It makes your style stand out, as although the general formula of your names stays the same, they all stand out and shine individually in their own ways. I’ve greatly admired your style from afar for a while now, so it’s lovely to be able to properly comment on it here!

My favorite of your male combos is Remus Faraday or James Lazarus. I couldn’t pick between them! If James Faraday had been a choice, I think I would have gone with that. :wink: Remus is a bold, exciting, yet still usable choice and Faraday has such a mystical quality I adore in a name. Perhaps I’m slightly biased because it’s the name of one of my favorite literary characters? Either way, such a great sound. I’m also partial to James, but biases aside, it is such a gently handsome name. There’s a reason it’s been so popular throughout the years! Lazarus feels like it’s straight of a fairytale. It’s truly fit for a king and pairs wonderfully with James.
My favorite of your female combos is Cecily Rhiannon. Rhiannon is so under-appreciated, despite it being the perfect mix of classy and sassy! Cecily is such a great choice with it, and the flow with this combo is impeccable.
My least favorite combo is Robinson Wayne. No real reason, to be honest! I personally see Robinson as a surname only, however, that’s purely subjective. Wayne just isn’t my personal taste.

My favorite names are… Cassian, James, Hugo, Faraday, Cecily, Ariadne, Romilly, and Rhiannon.

New combos… James Faraday, Cassian James, Faraday Cassian, Hugo Faraday, Cecily Ariadne, Rhiannon Ariadne, Ariadne Romilly

Some name ideas… Alba, Cassia, Celeste, Dahlia, Elena, Flora, Frida, Nimue, Gaia, Ida, Juno, Lark, Liesel, Lilja, Sunniva, Abel, Elias, Endymion, Evander, Fabian, Finnick, Isidore, Julian, Mathias, Vincent, Wilder

@EllieWilbury Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

1 Like

1. In general, how would you describe the previous posters style, what do you like best about it, is there something you don’t like?
Over your style is striking and strong and international all in the best ways. I like that your names are extremely unique while still being very recognizable and classic feeling names. I think your combos all flow nicely, and I like that I can imagine all of these as names in a sib set and no matter which names were used they would seem cohesive. Overall very lovely names

4. What’s your favorite combo? Least favorite? What do or don’t you like about them, how would you change them?
[name_f]Liesel[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] is fantastic is has a real spark to it that I enjoy! I’m a sucker for alliterative first and middles, when done right it sounds so great, and this name is charming. ([name_m]Finnick[/name_m] Adalwolf is a close second though, it’s so sturdy and unique)

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Romee[/name_f] Segolene just because it seems hard to pronounce from reading, but thats’s not a deal breaker

In no particular order I love
Adalwolf
[name_f]Nimue[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m]
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]

[name_f]Nimue[/name_f] Adalwolf
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]

Ansel
[name_m]Santiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Spero[/name_m]
[name_m]Fosse[/name_m]
Ilukah
[name_m]Henrique[/name_m]
[name_f]Karou[/name_f]
[name_f]Kerenza[/name_f]

Oh thank you so much!! This was very heartwarming to read :blush:

(Next poster ignore)

1 Like

I would describe your style as daring (definitely more so than mine!) clunky-cool and literary. I love the fact that your combos come with such cute nicknames! They sound like the children of an eccentric Victorian family, if that makes any sense. Our styles are pretty different, but love love love!
What’s your favorite combo? Least favorite? What do or don’t you like about them, how would you change them?
I love [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Ampersand “[name_u]Dash[/name_u]” - I love [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_u]Dash[/name_u] is an adorable nickname and it flows beautifully. I’m not so sure about [name_u]Laureate[/name_u] [name_u]Lyn[/name_u] Ampersand “[name_f]Lore[/name_f]” - I’m just not crazy about names ending in ‘te’! That’s just personal preference though, it flows nicely.
What are your top 6-8 favorite names from firsts and middles, any gender?
In no particular order, I like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_m]Devereaux[/name_m].
Use the answers to question 2 to make new combos.
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Devereaux[/name_m], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_u]Beck[/name_u] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Devereaux[/name_m].
Suggest new names they might like based on what the rest of their user card
I’m not good with unusual names! How about [name_f]Athena[/name_f] (not gender neutral though), [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_m]Art[/name_m], [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_u]Ash[/name_u] or [name_u]Briar[/name_u]?

1 Like

In general, how would you describe the previous poster’s style?
Your style is classic but not overly common. Most of your names have a cute but serious feel. I really adore your style, nothing negative about it!

What’s your favourite combo? Least favourite?
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is just so handsome, recognizable but unique, classic but fresh. It also has the sweetest feel, makes me think of a young gentleman who is always well-behaved and acts mature but is neverthless joyful and energetic. The combo I like the least is [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is very, very popular in my area, so it doesn’t really have any charm and is also too short for my liking. [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is okay, but not my style.

What are your top 6-8 names from first and middles, any gender?
I absolutely love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].

Use the answers to question 2 to make new combos
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

Suggest new names
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f]

In general, I’d describe your style as classic and dashing with a fantasy-esque twist! Overall I really like it.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combo is [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]! I had the combo [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u] for a long time and I still love that as well as that spelling of [name_u]Oberon[/name_u]— [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] is so cool. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] nn [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] or [name_m]Fritz[/name_m] is just :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
[name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite combo is [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Estrid[/name_f] [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]. There’s nothing wrong with it— just not for me. [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] isn’t my style and I prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] to [name_f]Estrid[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] top names are [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Theodor[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Filip[/name_m], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], and [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]. Combos could be [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Filip[/name_m], [name_m]Theodor[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Auberon[/name_u].

For your style I’d suggest perhaps [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_u]Paxton[/name_u], [name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], and [name_f]Liesel[/name_f].

Next poster please do my Finnish names!

2 Likes

@EllieWilbury - you removed your Finnish name section. Would you like me to just do your whole UC?

1 Like

Oops! Yes, please— thank you, [name_f]Megan[/name_f]!

1 Like

It’s difficult to pinpoint, because I feel like you have such a great variety of both modern and classic names! Overall, your style feels quite dark and mysterious (in a good way!) Many of them feel like very British, upper class names! In general I really like your style! It’s more grandiose than my own style, but that’s just down to personal preference!

1. What’s your favorite combo? Least favorite? What do or don’t you like about them, how would you change them?
Favorites: [name_m]Remus[/name_m] [name_m]Faraday[/name_m] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f]

• these both flow beautifully, and are so well balanced! I love [name_m]Faraday[/name_m] as a middle, and it complements [name_m]Remus[/name_m] very well! I imagine a sweet, gentle outdoorsy little boy! [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f] is just stunning! I can picture her as a delicate beauty walking through luscious gardens!

Least favorites: [name_m]Draco[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] [name_u]Cross[/name_u] & [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Coriander[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u]

• I love all of your other new additions, but these two just aren’t my thing. [name_m]Draco[/name_m] [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] [name_u]Cross[/name_u] has really intense imagery, and I feel like the associations clash a bit. [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Coriander[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] is just a bit too over the top for my liking, and it feels wordy. The flow is also a bit off. What I would do with them: [name_m]Draco[/name_m] [name_m]Leonid[/name_m] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] & [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u]

(I listed way more than six, but I wanted to have some fun playing around with combos!)

[name_f]Liesel[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Faraday[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_u]Wilde[/name_u], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_m]Romeo[/name_m]

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Faraday[/name_m], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u], [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_f]Iona[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]

[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Valentino[/name_m]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m]
[name_m]Demetrius[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Willis[/name_m]

1 Like
    Hmm, you seem to like timeless, classic names with nature or more modern middles

2. What’s your favorite combo? Least favorite? What do or don’t you like about them, how would you change them?
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is maybe [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] (though I adore so many of them). I adore how light it sounds, so cosy yet so strong. The imagery is fab, I imagine cottages and fires and lots of books. Least favourite would probably be [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]. No reason other than they aren’t my style (lots of your names I can see myself using, except for those). Wouldn’t change anything though, they’re still great and if you love them then they don’t need changing

3. What are your top 6-8 favorite names from firsts and middles, any gender?
[name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Faraday[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Bramble[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]December[/name_u]

4. Use the answers to question 2 to make new combos.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Bramble[/name_m] (this sounds so familiar, is it somebody else’s combo? :thinking:) [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_m]Faraday[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Bramble[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

5. Suggest new names they might like based on what the rest of their user card
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
Penegrine
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]

1 Like

In general, how would you describe the previous poster’s style
Your style is really upbeat and sweet. Your names feel quite modern as well. I like your style, but I would prefer more classic names.

What’s your favourite combo? Least favourite?
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite of your combos is probably [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], it feels more regal and serious than your other combos. I adore [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]! I don’t really like [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_u]Bay[/name_u], it’s a cute name but not my style.

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

[name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]

1 Like

Very regal and European! Extravagant in the best way! I wouldn’t change anything about your style! I think it is very cohesive and lovely!

2. What’s your favorite combo? Least favorite? What do or don’t you like about them, how would you change them?
It’s so hard to pick, but I think [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Filip[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] takes the cake! It’s simply magnificent! I love all three names, and they work so well together!
It’s also difficult to find a least favorite from your list, because all of your names are so nice! I think that [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Estrid[/name_f] [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] is my least favorite. I feel like the flow is a bit off. (It’s also not really my style, but I won’t hold that against it!) I think even just changing it to [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Estrid[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f] would help, or you could go with something like [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f]!

3. What are your top 6-8 favorite names from firsts and middles, any gender?
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Auberon[/name_u], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Filip[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Frans[/name_m], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

4. Use the answers to question 2 to make new combos.
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Frans[/name_m], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Auberon[/name_u], [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] [name_m]Filip[/name_m], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]

5. Suggest new names they might like based on what the rest of their user card
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]

Winston
Kieran
Tristan
Aurelian
Aurelius
Octavian
Octavius
Hugo
Benedict
Lysander
Lucian
Leonid
Leonidas

1 Like
  1. YOUR STYLE
    I’d describe your style as grounded whimsical. It’s fresh but familiar. It also feels very [name_f]English[/name_f] (and as an [name_f]English[/name_f] berry I love to see this). When I look at your UC it gives me sage green and blue vibes. Very calm and peaceful. They all remind me of wildflower patches in gardens and chamomile tea.

2. COMBOS
    [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite combo is [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]!! I have both thèse names on my list. The easiest way to describe why I love this so much is that it feels like a combo I would have made, and I feel like that’s rare for me on here. It’s just perfection. [name_f]My[/name_f] second favourite from your girls is [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]. It hits a sweet spot between familiarity and history of usage and unpredictability and quirkiness. I love it. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is traditional but fresh feeling and timeless. [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is romantic but no-frills at the same time. It brings the same unique vibe to the combo as a word name would whilst feeling more classy, because it’s such a historical name.

From your boys my favourite is [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I really like both of thèse names and I think together they work perfectly. I love the balance of the short and sweet [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] which is much longer and more sophisticated. 10/10! I also really like [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u]. [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] is in theory a name I should really like but I’ve never warmed to it. But it works so perfectly with [name_u]March[/name_u]! I love how this combo is so unexpected but so classy and timeless sounding. [name_u]March[/name_u] is delightful as a middle name. The flow is lovely.

One of my least favourite combos of yours is [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. It just feels very predictable imo and I wish each of them were paired with something to élevate them slightly (eg [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f] or [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]). I’m also not a huge fan of [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]December[/name_u] because although both names are charming, the flow just doesn’t feel right when I read it aloud.

1. INDIVIDUAL NAMES
    Obviously I love [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]! [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] is probably my favourite name from your UC. I also love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] and I like [name_f]Heidi[/name_f]. From your boys, I wouldn’t say I LOVE any of them enough for them to be on my own long list but I do really like [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Linus[/name_m].

My least favourite individual names from your UC:
[name_u]Marie[/name_u] - to me this is just the least appealing phonetically from the [name_f]Mary[/name_f] names. But on paper I should like it and it is a quality name.
[name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f] - I’m not a big fan of any [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Beth[/name_f] names or names that are a smush of two others, so this just really is not my thing but I can see the appeal.
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] sounds very harsh to my ear. It sounds like some sort of technical word/jargon from a sci-fi show or something, I’m not sure why.

Philip - I just WISH this sounded as nice as it looks! I want to love it but I can’t.
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - Again, it looks nice written down but I don’t like the sound when I say it. Also to me it just has the connotations of a middle aged man and I don’t feel like it’s ready for a comeback quite yet.
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u] - this is the same in [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] in that it’s very common around 40-60 Year old men, putting it in the same category for me as [name_u]Gary[/name_u], [name_m]Clive[/name_m], [name_f]Karen[/name_f], [name_u]Tracy[/name_u] etc. I’m not ready for baby Timothys.

1. NEW COMBOS FROM YOUR BEST NAMES
    Maybe:
    [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
    [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
    [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
    [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u]

2. NEW NAME SUGGESTIONS
    [name_f]Greta[/name_f]
    [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
    [name_f]Annalise[/name_f]
    [name_f]Esther[/name_f]
    [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
    [name_f]Clarice[/name_f]
    [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
    [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
    [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
    [name_f]Clover[/name_f]
    [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
    [name_f]Rosette[/name_f]

Atlas
[name_u]Birch[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_u]Vaughn[/name_u]
[name_u]Stark[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_m]Alastair[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_u]Stanley[/name_u]

1 Like

In general, how would you describe the previous posters style, what do you like best about it, is there something you don’t like?
Your style is unique, daring and somehow mystical. You also seem to like many [name_u]French[/name_u] names. Your style is very different from mine, but I like it. Your names make me think of someone who is smart and has an interesting personality.

What’s your favorite combo? Least favorite? What do or don’t you like about them, how would you change them?
I quite like [name_m]Sylvain[/name_m] [name_u]Aster[/name_u], it sounds like the name of a fantasy hero. The flow of this combo is also awesome. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite combo is [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] [name_f]Philou[/name_f], it’s not my style and the two names are so similar that they sound a bit clunky together.

[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f], [name_m]Sylvain[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_u]Rome[/name_u]

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Rome[/name_u], [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f], [name_u]Rome[/name_u] [name_m]Sylvain[/name_m], [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]

[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m], [name_m]Ivor[/name_m], [name_m]Titan[/name_m], Antioch, [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Mihai[/name_m]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_f]Isolt[/name_f], [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]

In general, how would you describe the previous posters style, what do you like best about it, is there something you don’t like?
Your naming style reminds me of modern continental European royals, not the firsts in line to the throne but the ones that can/tend to be a little more adventurous with their choices, including middle names from various origins, probably honouring multiple godparents from other royal families.
I really love the mix of different origins, you make them feel very cohesive and interesting.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] & [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] are my favourites! They’re both absolutely beautiful and create such rich imageries.
There aren’t any combos that I dislike, the only things I could comment on is [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] being very s/z heavy, which sounds a but hissy and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] feeling a bit less adventurous than the rest of your combos, she would definitely be the crown princess name-wise.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Theodor[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_f]Viviana[/name_f], [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] & [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]

[name_m]Theodor[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] & [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]

[name_f]Odilia[/name_f], [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], [name_f]Cecile[/name_f]/Cecilie, [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_u]Antonia[/name_u]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_m]Julius[/name_m]

1 Like

your names give me a lovely dark academia vibe, like you’d find them all at a 1700s poetry club! it works so well

my favourite is [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f], because it flows so nicely, and gives such a nice vibe. The sweetness of [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] are perfectly balanced by the regalness of [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], and all names together give really nice imagery. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite (oh god its so hard to choose i love them all) is probably [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] (although, I’m curious, loo-is or loo-ee? personally loo-ee) because I, especially as a [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], am rather confused by the spelling of [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u]. I think I’d pronounce it differently to [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], more like vye-vye-an than vih-vee-ahn. I am also not a fan of [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/Vyvyan on a boy anyways, but the combo does sound lovely together and I’m a big fan of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!

my top six girls names are
[name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Orla[/name_f] (although i do prefer the non-anglicised spelling) but i love all your girl’s names! they’re so pretty!
my favourite boys names are
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] !

i’m not very good at these kind of things, but maybe Odalie, [name_f]Isora[/name_f], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], or [name_m]Evander[/name_m]/

1 Like

@judy.newstead

Your style includes bright, familiar, feminine names from a variety of eras. There’s also a slight element of European flair!

My favorites are Betsy Winona, Heather Paloma, Serena Juliet, and Bianca Angelie. There are so many sweet combinations! My least favorites are Kennedy Jane (nothing in particular, just not a big fan of Kennedy), and Ashley Luella (I don’t love the flow of the “l” sounds.)
Aviva, Judy, Juliet, Serena, Lavender, Jolene, Lena, Heather

Judy Aviva, Jolene Lavender

Isola, Elena, Nadine, Cara, Eloisa, Zinnia, Angeline, Demelza, Amy?

1 Like