Ray/Rey for Audrey

The name [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] has a family connection and I would love to use it, but, I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is just a bit (and I , mean no offense to anyone at all) Top-heavy. It doesn’t really give a fall-back name like so many others, its generally just a bit girly. I was wondering if it was a stretch to get [name_u]Rey[/name_u] or [name_u]Ray[/name_u] from [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] because you don’t even pronounce the end like that, forgive me for overthinking, but I don’t really want the poor child to only have the nickname [name_f]Aud[/name_f](Odd) to use. Also, its not too starwars is it? I am aware there is a character with this name ([name_u]Rey[/name_u]) and wondering if it would always be associated. Thanks!

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all!

1 Like

That really is a comfort thank you

1 Like

A childhood friend of mine had a similar name (Her name was [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]) and she went by [name_u]Rey[/name_u] (ree) sometimes.

1 Like

I actually like stretch nicknames–I think they’re fun, within reason (subjective of course)–and I do think this one could work. If you call her [name_u]Rey[/name_u]/[name_u]Ray[/name_u], other people will probably follow. If you’re in the market for other stretch-y possibilities here, maybe [name_f]Addy[/name_f]? In this case, I also think using [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] in the middle spot or picking a middle you love and using it as her day-to-day name could also be good solutions.

I’m not a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars fan so didn’t have that association, but I did look up just “[name_u]Rey[/name_u]” by itself and that was the only thing that popped up on the first page. [name_f]My[/name_f] association, before a little help from Google, was the Spanish word for king.

1 Like

Id forgotten completely about the royal connection, that’s cool. I was thinking maybe [name_f]Dora[/name_f] or something along those lines from [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] for the middle name, because that was my grandmothers.