ready for restoration?

WDYT of [name]Gerard[/name]? I really like it. [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s comment here on nameberry says deffinatly a grandpa name though:( what do you all think? It means spear strength. It sounds very masculine to me and reminds me of actor [name]Gerard[/name] [name]Butler[/name] (def. not a bad thing!) WDYT? Thanks everyone!

wow! this name was completely off my radar, but it’s actually pretty cool! It sounds masculine but not too hard and sounds French to me, which gives it some international appeal. I would use the name in it’s full form as [name]Gerry[/name]/[name]Jerry[/name] doesn’t appeal to me at all. I would choose a middle name with an option for a nickname instead. I like [name]Gerard[/name].

I kinda like it…it reminds me of [name]Gerard[/name] [name]Butler[/name], which is a good thing- after all, he was the Phantom of the [name]Opera[/name]. [name]How[/name] much cooler can you get? I like that it’s strong and masculine but still approachable.

It’s on my Outhipping the Hipsters list. I think it will come back in use eventually but never be super popular which is a good thing.

I went to high school with a [name]Gerard[/name] and it was kind of odd then too, but not a big deal. He was called [name]Gerard[/name] and not [name]Jerry[/name]. I would compare that to a boy named [name]Howard[/name]… I don’t remember [name]Howard[/name] but he was listed in my yearbook - I kind of thought that was and odd choice for my age group (for old man names). [name]Gerard[/name] seems to me as a handsome name off the beaten path. I don’t remember anyone named [name]Gerald[/name] - I think [name]Gerald[/name] is more like a [name]Howard[/name], and a [name]Gerard[/name] is definitely a bit more… not like those. [name]IMO[/name]. It has a bit of fustiness but not a real nerdiness.

I like [name]Gerard[/name] and I think the modern take on this is [name]Jared[/name]. [name]Gerard[/name] is much nicer than either [name]Gerald[/name] and [name]Jeremy[/name].

WOW! Im so glad to see all the positive comeback! :)I really like this name alot! Im thinking [name]Gerard[/name] [name]Michael[/name] (i know i know [name]Michael[/name] is like a filler middle name but its my dads name haha). WDYT of that? :slight_smile: