Reagan?

Alright Berries, I need to hear your thoughts!

I absolutely love the name [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] for a boy. I know many will link it to the President, which I’m fine with. I don’t like it for a girl, but it seems to be more of a girl’s name these days? For that reason I’m thinking it would be better in the middle slot for a boy, but I really do like it. What would you think if you met a like boy [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] ([name_u]Ray[/name_u]-gen?) [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think the general population tends to link this name with girls these days? I’d love to hear any thoughts!

I only know boy [name_u]Regan[/name_u]/Reagans, so it comes across as all boy to me :slight_smile:

It seems feminine to me, sorry.

Unfortunately, I think of it as a girl name now and all the Reagans I know are girls. I much much prefer it as a boys name though and like it. I think it’s a perfect boy middle name.

While I do think it’s a very handsome boy’s name, I do think of it more as being more feminine these days. However, it could work nicely in the middle spot.

I only know one person named [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], and it’s a girl. It’s definitely unisex though, so if you love it as a first name for your son, I’d say go for it!

The Reagans I know are girls, but I’d still consider it unisex. For some reason, I’d assume parents who named a boy [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] wanted the political association compared to parents of girls. Although I also know a family with a [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] (F), [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] (F) and [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] (M), and they seem to think this is a nice theme without any consideration of the politics.

I find [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] to be be one of ultimate cringeworthy trendy girls names. On a boy, I think poor little guy having to share the awful name with tons of little girls. I can’t tell you how many girls named [name_u]Reagan[/name_u]/Ragan I have met.

I love [name_u]Regan[/name_u]. It’s a really good boys’ name and I can’t see it on a girl at all.

It’s not often used where I live ([name_f]Canada[/name_f]), and while I know it is perhaps more common for girls, it certainly strikes me as a more masculine name.