~ realistically naming children caf

This idea is from @OpheliaFlora and is the same as their “If you had to name your children this way/realistically” thread.
I have gotten permission to do this!

Say you have one child (everyone gets at least one), write their name down.
If all you ever want is one child, hit “reply” now.
If you want to have another one, click on one of the 16 spoilers:
DO NOT UNCOVER ALL SPOILERS AT ONCE.
Below, you will see 16 spoilers which will incase the letters C or O behind a spoiler blur. You will select a number at random/of your choosing and, will then receive one of these letters.
If you get a C, name your next child and repeat the process if you want, clicking on a different spoiler now. If you get an O, stop.
If you get a D, you have twins!
If you want to take it further, you can also use the B/G spoilers.

16 Spoilers

1: C
2: O
3: C
4: O
5: O
6: D
7: C
8: O
9: O
10: D
11: D
12: D
13: O
14: O
15: O
16: C

Boy Or Girl

B = BOY G = GIRL
1: B
2: B
3: G
4: G
5: B
6: G
7: G
8: B
9: B
10: G
11: G
12: B
13: G
14: G
15: B
16: B

REMINDER - Everyone will have one kid! The second/third/fourth etc will be picked by chance!

I’ve done this but, since I know where the placements are, have had a random number generator pick.
Birdie Nikolai Poet (b)
Margot Adelaide Fleur (g)
I then picked an O.
After naming the kids, please share if your naming styles changed! I know if this was real life, I would have been sad not to use the names Iver & Alistair.

10 Likes

[name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
(twins) [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Caitríona[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] and [name_m]Muiris[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]Neil[/name_u]

The possibility of only having one child made me forgo my perfectly curated 3 name combos in favour of being able to honour more family members. [name_f]My[/name_f] style for first names didn’t change, as that’s the only part of the names I didn’t require to honour someone in my or my fiancé’s family.

3 Likes

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Robert[/name_u] “Tommy”

4 Likes

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] naming style didn’t change though the possibility of only having 1 child made me add an extra middle name to honour family

3 Likes

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] / [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] / [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Elijah[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] styling generally stayed the same. I wanted to honor family with a few names and filled in with others I liked that made a nice sibset, imo

1 Like

kit orpheus nikolai :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

DD: [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] [name_f]Maud[/name_f]
DD / DD: [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_u]Aster[/name_u] / [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u] / [name_u]Declan[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]

1 Like

I will definitely have to play this multiple times because its such a cool idea!!

Child 1 - Daughter: [name_f]India[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] ‘Indie’
Child 2&3: [name_m]Son[/name_m] & Daughter: [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
…then O

I probably wouldn’t change anything because all of the names apart from [name_f]India[/name_f], [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] & [name_f]Mia[/name_f] are honours which I absolutely love but its a shame I didn’t get to use some of my other favourites

…she says knowing full well she will play again tomorrow

3 Likes

[name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_u]Jonah[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabella[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

[name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_u]Declan[/name_u], [name_f]Colette[/name_f] & [name_f]Mirabella[/name_f] :earth_americas: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :ferris_wheel:

2 Likes

[name_f]Christine[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_u]Peace[/name_u]
Rhyme [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] (twins)

2 Likes

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Alys[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] & [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Eliot[/name_u] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]

2 Likes

DS: [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] [name_u]Neil[/name_u]
DD: [name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
DS: [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_u]John[/name_u] ‘Luke’
DD/DD: [name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Marion[/name_u] & [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

This family crazily turned it literally exactly as I imagine myself in the future! [name_f]My[/name_f] naming style hardly changed except for the fact that I crammed in honours because of the possibility that I wasn’t going to be having any more children, which I guess could happen in real life too… This was so much fun!

3 Likes

I ended up with 4 again… a girl, twin boys and then another girl. However, for my names I am doing this one a little differently than I normally do… I’m leaving out some of my normal honors.

I'd go with double middle names for my names.
  1. [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] 0rɛstinᴀ
  2. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Asa[/name_u] (twin)
    Might change [name_u]Asa[/name_u] to [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_u]Koa[/name_u], [name_u]Ori[/name_u], [name_u]Rio[/name_u], [name_u]Bay[/name_u] or [name_u]Fen[/name_u] depending on who/what I’m honoring.
  3. [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Todd[/name_m] (twin)
    Might change to [name_m]Todd[/name_m] to [name_u]Cass[/name_u] depending on who I’m honoring.
  4. Tɛgᴀn [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Marisela[/name_f]
1 Like

[name_m]Ciaran[/name_m] [name_m]Howl[/name_m] (b)
[name_f]Selene[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] (g)

2 Likes

[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] / [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and:
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

[name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Dot[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and:
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] / [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_f]Dot[/name_f], and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

3 Likes