Really Large Signatures

I’ve noticed a trend lately of people having really, really big signatures with words that are in a huge colorful font - is this against policy and if not, can we do something about it? It’s kind of frustrating to try and read a thread and have 1/2 the page taken up by 3 people signatures and I have to scroll down through them just to get to the next reply.

…Would my signature be considered large?? I wouldn’t say it’s large… what do you guys think?

@genevieve!- yours isn’t large. The font is small, and the colors are bright without being distracting. But I know what flick is talking about. I’ve seen a few signatures that have fonts about the size of your entire post (minus the signature) with neon colors. Yours is fine, don’t worry about it.

• [name]Athena[/name]

…Good! :slight_smile:

Is mine like that? I like it this way, but if it annoys people I can change it.

No one in here is bothersome. You will KNOW the ones I;m talking about when you see them lol.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about your signature watermellie. It’s fine!

I actually just saw a HUGE signature earlier. It took up half the page. A bit ridiculous, honestly.

I was [name]JUST[/name] thinking about this when I saw a huge signature on one of my threads! It’s a little ridiculous, and really disrespectful! I don’t know why they think they have the right to block my whole screen, I’m a mobile-only [name]Berry[/name] and I know I’m not the only one!

This is true, too - I’m often on [name]Berry[/name] from my phone during down times at work and the giant signatures take up my entire screen.

I’ll be honest, I am not a fan of even medium sized signatures but thats just my style. I think of signatures as literally, signatures. [name]One[/name] line about, simple. It’s mainly just to state you who are, not your life story. I even find mine too long lol.

I know mine is quite big, but I’ve seen some absolutely enormous ones today. They aren’t very easy on the eyes, if I’m honest.

Mine was large but I have changed it now. Sorry about the inconvenience

I think that some things are just common cutesy when it comes to signatures.

1. We love reading your favorite names but they don’t all need their own line.
  2. if your signature is consistently longer than your post - your signature needs to be shorter or you need to come up with some kick-ass suggestions and responses that are relevant.
  3. It’s cool if your signature is relevant, if it’s not maybe you should change it.

I wonder if it’s possible to require the posts to be a maximum of 4-5 lines long or something. I feel like that should be doable right?

I don’t understand how signatures can be this offensive, to be honest. Not that the really massive signatures don’t annoy me, and I’m on board with discouraging them, but I wouldn’t want to see any restrictions put in place. If we start with signatures, where does it end? Avatars? The posts themselves? I can see maybe a restriction on font size working, but that’s as far as I’d dare to take it. People might start saying, “Oh, and while we’re at it, why don’t we ban quotes in signatures? And why don’t we ban them listing the names of their friends and family? Seems irrelevant.” [name]Remember[/name] that signatures are personal to those that have them. Plus there’s the added burden of gauging what’s intrusive and what’s not. Rules and guidelines you have to check off for what is your own personalised signature that no one has to read just seems [name]OTT[/name]. Sorry. :frowning:

If mine is too large for some people I apologize. I’m not very good at making them to be honest. I will gladly shorten it if anyone finds it annoying.