Really need some help!

We are expecting our first, a girl, in [name]December[/name]. We had our name picked out from the very begining of the pregnancy, [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but my sister recently had a daughter and named her [name]Julia[/name]. Although I know we could still use the name, it just doesn’t feel right anymore.
It feels like we have gone through every name and nothing seems to feel right. We are having trouble finding a style we like as we have similar but diffent preferences. We seem to agree on individual names but not on the style it will fix us in with future children (not sure if that makes sense…sorry!)
My husband seems to prefer ultra unusual names - the kind that you have to check to make sure he hasn’t made them up.
I prefer more traditional names, but also prefer them to be uncommon.

We are looking for a name that is
Easy to pronounce from its spelling/ easy to spell or
a name that is recongnisable but very uncommon

We are able to agree on a lot of names that we like, but still haven’t found any that we love.
For an example, these are some of the names we are considering, but still aren’t convinced of
[name]Mardi[/name]
[name]Aura[/name]
[name]Callida[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Nara[/name]
[name]Sydelle[/name] (probably our favourite at the moment)

We would [name]LOVE[/name] suggestions! We would love a name that is fresh and surprising, but not shocking.
Thankyou so much for all your help!

Congrats on the little girl! I love all your names especially [name]Vera[/name], [name]Aura[/name], and [name]Thora[/name]!

Here are some suggestions:

[name]Mirabeau[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
Novalie
Makelina
Ulani
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name]
[name]Genevra[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Rhya[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Jenna[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] these help/give you ideas :smiley:

hi! I really like [name]Juliana[/name]/[name]Julia[/name]…they were on our long list for our daughter actually. Here are some of the other names just in case our tastes are similar:

[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]/[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

Good luck!

what about [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Anabelle[/name]/ [name]Arabella[/name]?

[name]Valentina[/name]? I think that has similar style to [name]Juliana[/name].

[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Britta[/name]
[name]Justine[/name]/ Justinta
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Vesper[/name]

Hmmm…a challenge! :slight_smile:

'm sorry you don’t feel you can use your favourite name now, and I understand that it probably doesn’t feel as special now your sister has used such a similar name, but I’m sure the berries can help you find something you’ll love even more!

[name]Mardi[/name] - not my favourite sorry, makes me think of [name]Mardi[/name] Gras and has quite a masculine feel to me, very opposite to [name]Juliana[/name] imo
[name]Aura[/name] - too close to oral for my liking :S And has the potential to seem a little pretentious I feel (no offence! :S)
[name]Callida[/name] - this is pretty :slight_smile: I’ve never heard it before but it has a similar feel to [name]Juliana[/name] and the lovely nn [name]Calla[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name] - I adore [name]Saskia[/name]!! It’s not common here in the UK but it is a well known name, but I think it’s more unusual in the US which would make it even more special :slight_smile:
[name]Martha[/name] - this is my absolute favourite off your list! I love love love [name]Martha[/name]! I think it’s sweet but strong and just lovely!
[name]Thora[/name] - I like [name]Thora[/name] but I don’t love it. It’s a little harsh sounding to me. I prefer [name]Thea[/name], what do you think of that? It’s very underused in the US but more popular in the UK.
[name]Vera[/name] - Pretty name, but in the UK it’s still very much an old ladies name - the image could be totally different in the US though so ignore me!
[name]Nara[/name] - I’ve never heard of this. It has a pretty sound but I feel like it lacks substance if that makes sense?
[name]Sydelle[/name] - I haven’t heard this either but I don’t like it I’m sorry! It sounds like an attempt to feminise [name]Sydney[/name] and I think there are prettier “elle” names - what about [name]Arielle[/name] or [name]Estelle[/name]? Or if it’s the “syd” you like, I really like [name]Sidonie[/name]!

Some suggestions based on the above names and [name]Juliana[/name] (which I love!!):

[name]Georgiana[/name]*
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Oriana[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]*
Ardiana
[name]Aviana[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]*
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Marnie[/name]*
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Marlena[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]*
[name]Maribel[/name]*
[name]Marlow[/name]/[name]Marlo[/name]/[name]Marlowe[/name]*
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]*
[name]August[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Adria[/name]*
[name]Zara[/name]*
[name]Lara[/name]*
[name]Cara[/name]*
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]*
[name]Sidra[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]*
[name]Indra[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]*
[name]Callista[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]*
[name]Camellia[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]*
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Vida[/name]*
[name]Sanaa[/name]*
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]*
[name]Sapphira[/name]*
[name]Nikita[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]*
[name]Danika[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]*
[name]Theda[/name]
[name]Thessaly[/name]*
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]*
[name]Verona[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]*
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]*
[name]Sylvia[/name]/[name]Silvia[/name]*
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Rochelle[/name]
[name]Arielle[/name]*
[name]Mirabelle[/name]*
[name]Mabel[/name]*
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]

I hope those fit what you’re looking for! They’re all less popular than [name]Juliana[/name] and yet most are well known. I starred my favourites although I like them all!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps and good luck :slight_smile:

What about [name]Eliana[/name]? It has a similar feel to [name]Juliana[/name]. Of course you risk the nickname [name]Ellie[/name], and it sounds like you’d like to shy away from anything too popular.

From your list, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Saskia[/name]! Such a hidden gem. I also love [name]Martha[/name]. I also like [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Sydelle[/name]. Of course with [name]Sydelle[/name], you have a small risk of her being called “[name]Ellie[/name]” by her friends :wink: Darling nickname, but you hear it everywhere!

Uncommon but easy to pronounce:
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Sonia[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
Sussanah
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Katarina[/name]

Wow! Thankyou for all the responces!
From all your suggestions the ones we like are:
[name]Rhya[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]*

[name]Arabella[/name]

[name]Allegra[/name]*
[name]Clarissa[/name]

[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]*
[name]Lyra[/name]*
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]*
[name]Sapphira[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]*
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Arielle[/name]*
[name]Hazel[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name]*

[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]

I think we need to review our list. We might take a few out and add some of these in. I will get back to you when we figure it out!!! Any more suggestions would be amazing! You have all been so helpful so far!!

From your original list of names I really like:
[name]Callida[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

I think they all fit really well into what you are looking for… but if none of them feel right then maybe a different name is better for you!
From the names you liked of previous posters suggestions I really like:
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] (this is on my list at the moment!)
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] (this is also on my list!)

I just noticed that every single one of those names ends in an ‘a’!! - guess we both like that ending!

Good luck!!