Rebecca vs. Becca.

Ok. So we’ve discussing [name]Rebecca[/name](which I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name]) with a friend of mine and she considers [name]Rebecca[/name] being too old-fashioned while [name]Becca[/name] with nn Bex would be a much better choice for a baby girl, so what do you think?

[name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name] and/or Bex.

Can’t go wrong with a classic, legitimate, historical or Biblical name.

To me, [name]Becca[/name] isn’t a full name, its just a nickname. And I certainly don’t see why you can’t get Bex from [name]Rebecca[/name], I actually know two Bex’s, both with the full name [name]Rebecca[/name]. (Plus, one [name]Rebecca[/name] who goes by [name]Reb[/name], which I always liked)

Definitely [name]Rebecca[/name]. It is classic and when your name is [name]Rebecca[/name] most people don’t have a preconceived notion of how old you are. When I was a child the only nn used was [name]Becky[/name], which is dated but not [name]Rebecca[/name]. I agree [name]Becca[/name] is a nn. I can say that because [name]Rebecca[/name] is my name and people at work call me [name]Becca[/name] for a nn, because I sign my name [name]Rebecca[/name]. I never have said my name is [name]Becca[/name], but I don’t mind if they call me [name]Becca[/name]. I think most people would assume her name is [name]Rebecca[/name] instead of [name]Becca[/name], then she would have to explain it wasn’t. I like both [name]Becca[/name] and Bex for a nn.

Definitely [name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name]/Bex.

I agree with everyone, [name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name] is the best choice.

My best friend’s name is [name]Rebecca[/name], though everyone calls her [name]Becca[/name]. But, she said when she got married that she was glad to have a more formal name to use that day, and on the invitations. She also uses [name]Rebecca[/name] when she’s at work, because she feels it’s more professional.

[name]Rebecca[/name] isn’t my favorite but I think [name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name]/Bex would be the best choice :slight_smile:

I prefer the spelling [name]Rebekah[/name] nn Bekah/Bex though.

I actually like [name]Becca[/name] but never cared for [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Reba[/name] is a nn for [name]Rebecca[/name] and people accept that as a full name so why not [name]Becca[/name]?

[name]Rebecca[/name] …after that you can nn her what you think suits her…good luck.

I’m [name]Rebecca[/name] and I get both [name]Becca[/name] and Bex (hence my very uncreative user name). I agree with the other posters, [name]Becca[/name] just isn’t complete enough to me; it’s a great nickname, but I’m glad I’ve got the option of having a formal, legitimate name instead of just the shortened versions, even though I do love the nicknames.

Speaking as a [name]Rebecca[/name], I think it’s a good way to go; classic, legitimate, familiar, easy to spell and pronounce. [name]Hope[/name] that this helps! Good luck!

I say just go with [name]Rebecca[/name]. There are more nickname options, and what if she doesn’t want to be just [name]Becca[/name] later in life? This way she has the option to be [name]Becca[/name], Bex, or just [name]Rebecca[/name]. [name]Rebecca[/name] is a timless name, while [name]Becca[/name] is trendy.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

I will always advocate for using a longer more classic version of a name and having the option for nn’s from that. So I too follow suit and recommend [name]Rebecca[/name].

[name]Rebecca[/name]. It’s a beautiful, classic name, it’s just beautiful! You can use nicknames [name]Becca[/name]/Bex then depending or which suits her or if she’s just a [name]Rebecca[/name]. :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Rebecca[/name]. I also love the [name]Rebekah[/name] speling! Bex is an adorable pet name. I am also partial to [name]Becky[/name].

I would go with [name]Rebecca[/name] and You could still give her any nn that you would for [name]Becca[/name].

I say name her [name]Rebecca[/name] and call her [name]Becca[/name]. My friend’s sister is [name]Rebecca[/name], nicknamed [name]Becca[/name] to most people, and [name]Beck[/name] to close friends and family. Never [name]Becky[/name].

[name]Becca[/name] is too much of a nn. I do think Bex is more fresh and new, but can’t she be named [name]Rebecca[/name] nn Bex? I think that when she grows up, she will want a full name and not a nickname to fall back on just in case. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Rebecca[/name]! It’s my sister’s name, I don’t really think it’s too old-fashioned or dated at all. More that it’s classic. My sister goes by [name]Becca[/name] almost exclusively, but I don’t think I could put just [name]Becca[/name] on a birth certificate–it just feels too incomplete to me. I like that [name]Rebecca[/name] has more nickname options if she doesn’t like [name]Becca[/name]/[name]Beck[/name]/[name]Becky[/name]/Bex, too–particularly [name]Reba[/name] and [name]Bea[/name], or even RE/[name]Ari[/name] if her middle initial was an “E”.

Good luck!

I would definitely go with [name]Rebecca[/name]- it’s classic, strong and pretty. [name]Both[/name] nicknames you like work perfectly well with full name [name]Rebecca[/name].

Oh my god, please for the love of all that is holy name her [name]Becca[/name]. I have a friend named [name]Becca[/name] (sometimes Bex) and she hatwe her full name [name]Rebecca[/name]. [name]Becca[/name] is so sweet and feminine. [name]Just[/name] leave it at that.