Rebecca

Out of the blue, the name [name]Rebecca[/name] has started to grow on me. It sounds so classic, strong, beautiful, and sophisticated to me. However, I do not like the nickname “[name]Becky[/name].” [name]Do[/name] you think this nickname is avoidable? I’m nowhere near TTC, but I just wanted to hear others’ opinions. Also, what do you think of the name in general? Thanks!

• [name]Emily[/name]

[name]Rebecca[/name] is not a favorite but it is a refreshing choice!

[name]Becca[/name] is actually quite a cute nickname if you ask me.
You could also call her Rebbie?

I love [name]Rebecca[/name]!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Becca[/name] or Becks?

The more I think about it, I actually really love “[name]Becca[/name]” as an alternative to “[name]Becky[/name].” Thanks! I think the name is most stunning when used in full, but the occasional nickname of [name]Becca[/name] would be quite lovely I think :).

I love the name [name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name]. I have a Great Great Aunt [name]Rebecca[/name] that was very kind to my grandpa. My cousin and niece are named after her. My niece was born two years before my daughter, so [name]Rebecca[/name] was taken. There was also a lovely Great Great Aunt [name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Libby[/name]), and my daughter’s middle name is [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Rebecca[/name] is my best friend’s name (best friends since first grade) and we call her [name]Becca[/name]. Its a beautiful name. A classic that will never go out of style :slight_smile:

I like [name]Becca[/name]. I’ve also beard Rebe (pronounced [name]Ree[/name]-bee) which is kinda cute.

I like the name [name]Rebecca[/name]. It’s my friend’s wife’s name, and people call her by her full name or Becks. I’ve met a few Rebeccas recently, but haven’t known a [name]Becky[/name] since middle school. I really think [name]Becky[/name] as a nickname is dated. I don’t think people would automatically call her that, and if anyone does, I would just correct them right away.

Well, if it helps, I’ve been a [name]Rebecca[/name] all my life :slight_smile:

If I do get nicknames, it tends to be [name]Becca[/name], [name]Beck[/name], or Bex. I do remember having to correct a few people in school (i.e. “It’s NOT [name]Becky[/name] - it’s [name]Rebecca[/name]!”) but most people take the hint after one freak-out ;p

I know a [name]Rebecca[/name] and her mother called her [name]Ree[/name].

Thanks for all of the feedback! Everyone’s comments made me much more confident about possibly using this name. It’s now definitely going on the list for a future daughter. Thanks again!

I’ve known one [name]Becky[/name] in my life, but several Rebeccas and Beccas. I think it’s a beautiful, classic name. I also like the nickname Bex.