Rebekah

I am having my third child and recently found out it will be our third daughter! My husband no longer agrees with the name I originally chose, so now I am leaning towards [name]Rebekah[/name]. I prefer this spelling over [name]Rebecca[/name], and would use Bekah as a nickname. [name]Do[/name] you think her name would be misspelled or misprounced too often? And does Bekah flow ok with my other daughters names - [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Maya[/name]?

These are the middle names I have in mind:

[name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (my husband and oldest daughters choice)

[name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I love the name! I don’t think it would ever be mispronounced, but she will probably have to spell it for people who initially would think [name]Rebecca[/name]. But I don’t think that is a big deal…my first name is commonly spelled 3 different ways, and it doesn’t really bother me that I have to spell it for people. I really like [name]Rebekah[/name] nn Bekah! I think it is very cute with [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Maya[/name], too.

I think all of them on your list would work fine, but my favorite is [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Grace[/name], with [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] a close second. Good luck!

I don’t think it will be mispronounced, but it I’m sure it will be misspelled over and over and over again. For me, it would be enough to just give up on that particular spelling and spell it [name]Rebecca[/name]. But it’s up to you. I think it’s a fairly good match with [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Maya[/name]. It’s unexpected with those two, but not bizarre- it’s not like having [name]Emma[/name], [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Parker[/name] or [name]Emma[/name], [name]Maya[/name], and [name]Hephzibah[/name]. And I’m with your husband and daughter- [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is STUNNING. I also like [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

I love this name and prefer it over [name]Rebecca[/name] as well. I actually have a friend whose name is [name]Rebekah[/name] nn Bekah and she has a sister named [name]Emma[/name]! In our class at school, there is another [name]Rebecca[/name] and the teachers both pronounce them the same, so I don’t think you have to worry about that. I think she would definitely have to spell it out for people cause my friend Bekah does. But she doesn’t really mind that much.
As for middle names, my friend is [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. But I think out of your choices, I have to agree with your husband and daughter and go with [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Claire[/name].
Good luck!

Thank you all for your replies! I think we will go with [name]Rebekah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] :slight_smile: