Recommend a boy name!

Wallace! It’s soft, understated, and flowy with a quirky vintage charm.

10 Likes

This is one of my favourites! It’s so handsome and fits in with all the other vintage choices around at the moment but way less popular. I like [name_u]Clarry[/name_u] and [name_u]Ren[/name_u] as nicknames.

5 Likes

Zebediah! I don’t know that this has ever been that popular at least where I live, but I think it’s a very dignified sounding Biblical name that doesn’t get a lot of attention these days. Good alternative to [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] and the like? Plus, the nickname [name_m]Zeb[/name_m] is wonderful, as is [name_m]Zed[/name_m].

6 Likes

Esli… I just came across it today actually and I’m surprised I’ve never heard it before. NB doesn’t have it but they do have [name_m]Esley[/name_m]

In a land where we have [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_u]Leslie[/name_u] (and even the more feminine [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f]) seeming familiar I think Esli / [name_m]Esley[/name_m] could fit in

2 Likes

Nice, I was looking for more [name_u]Max[/name_u] names, and I’ve never seen this one.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Linus[/name_m]! I wish I could use it myself. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Elton :heart: It’s such a underrated name, I feel it goes well with today’s name trends while still being timeless on its on!

5 Likes

Axiom.

Greek-rooted, meaning a self-evident truth or accepted truth in philosophy, like the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, like two parallel lines never intersecting each other. I love the meaning of dependable truth, especially in this era of disinformation. And I think the sound is right on-trend, with the trendy x and o sounds both in there. It’s quickly becoming one of my favourites!

4 Likes

What about [name_m]Nelson[/name_m]? I know its not unheard of but I feel it should be more popular than it is.

It checks a lot of popular boxes, its a surname, its easily recognizable, it sounds familiar yet different and it has nickname options. ( [name_f]Nel[/name_f] or [name_u]Sonny[/name_u])

3 Likes

Love [name_u]Jem[/name_u] too! I know a [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] who is regularly called [name_u]Jem[/name_u].

Calix - it sounds similar to [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and you could shorten to [name_u]Cal[/name_u]… I love it’s floral association too which is rare for boys names
Oslac - this is a really old British name that is easy to pronounce, rare and a great alternative to more popular O names like [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

7 Likes

Herschel!

8 Likes

Crux
An astronomical name for the [name_u]Southern[/name_u] [name_u]Cross[/name_u] that are bright and distinguishable. I first heard this name in a book and then I did some research on the constellation itself. It’s been written about by [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] and [name_m]Dante[/name_m]. Shown in the flags of Australia, [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand, [name_u]Brazil[/name_u], and more. Has a masculine sound with the sharp X that a lot of people like while still feeling graceful and a bit magical.
There is the issue with “getting to the crux of the matter” but I think it could be used to mean important and decisive rather than difficult

2 Likes

Desmond!

I don’t understand how [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] for girls get so much love, but [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] doesn’t! And nn [name_m]Dez[/name_m] is so flippin cute.

8 Likes

Taliesin!

It’s got a certain charm to it, much like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. It’s not common but not uncommon to where it seems made up. There are sweet nickname choices like [name_u]Tal[/name_u] and [name_u]Tally[/name_u].

7 Likes

Axiom is one of my absolute favourite names! So happy to see someone else appreciate it too!

1 Like

Francis! I see more love for [name_f]Frances[/name_f] on a girl around here, but I personally like the boys’ version more. It has a sort of lacy Old-World elegance about it, plus the cute and cheerful nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] and the solid, dapper [name_m]Frank[/name_m].

10 Likes

Fletcher! I think this name is so fun and quirky! It’s been slowly getting more popular but still out of the top 500! Also, I love the nn [name_m]Fletch[/name_m]

10 Likes

Crux is actually my dad’s nickname! (His first name is [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]) I think it’s super cool.

2 Likes

Clement

A thoughtful, intelligent, gentle name with pleasant [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] associations. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn [name_u]Clem[/name_u].

9 Likes