Reconsidering Eda

I had had the name [name_f]Eda[/name_f] (ee-dah) on my shortlist last year. I love that it is very uncommon, starts with my favorite letter, and is short but sweet. I since replaced it with [name_f]Ida[/name_f] (eye-dah), another love, but now I’m wondering which name I like more. Which do you like better?

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combos are

[name_f]Ida[/name_f]:
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]

[name_f]Eda[/name_f]:
[name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]

Which middle do you like with each first name? What’s your overall favorite? Any suggestions appreciated!

I like [name_f]Eda[/name_f] better! While [name_f]Ida[/name_f] feels pretty old fashioned (still beautiful though), [name_f]Eda[/name_f] feels fresh and new! [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] is fabulous!

1 Like

I pronounce [name_f]Ida[/name_f] EE-da. I guess you are American?

I have a family member named [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and I’ve never been a fan of the name. I think [name_f]Eda[/name_f] is prettier, fresher, and very sweet! I really like [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f], and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. While I dont personally like [name_f]Ida[/name_f], I think [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is pretty!

1 Like

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] are my faves

1 Like

yes haha

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] for me. I can’t get past “eat a”—in my accent, that’s what [name_f]Eda[/name_f] sounds like, sadly. I also don’t think the pronunciation is as intuitive; I clicked on this thread in part to find out whether it’s pronounced with a long or short e.

But if in your accent it doesn’t sound like “eat a,” then I think it’s very sweet, a little less harsh than [name_f]Ida[/name_f]. [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] are beautiful!

2 Likes

[name_f]Eda[/name_f] is my favourite. I’m not a fan of the hard “I” sound for girls, I just find it a bit harsh sounding ([name_f]Irene[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], etc). [name_f]Eda[/name_f] is lovely. I like all of your combos to be honest, but my favourites are [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f].

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and love all three middle name options! [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is chic :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] the best.

I have a friend who’s name is pronounced the same as [name_f]Eda[/name_f], and told me she really didn’t like it growing up, sounding like “eat-a_____.”

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] somehow sounds fresher and more sharp.

I think I prefer [name_f]Eda[/name_f]. It sounds more modern and I also prefer the E sound over the I. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combo is [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f]! I like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] more than [name_f]Eda[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] more than [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. (But I like [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] with [name_f]Eda[/name_f] more than with [name_f]Ida[/name_f]? It seems like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] would be a great solution otherwise. :joy::joy:)

… although after further consideration, I also like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] a lot? I say [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] the same personally, so [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] would probably be my choice, but I think [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] are both pretty too.

1 Like

Not sure if [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is a possibility but those two names get my vote!

1 Like

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] is so beautiful! I also like [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] and [name_f]Eda[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f].

I would automatically pronounce [name_f]Eda[/name_f] as [name_m]Ed[/name_m]-a (“[name_m]Ed[/name_m]” as in the start of [name_m]Edward[/name_m] or [name_m]Edgar[/name_m]). EE-da is okay though I can hear it being mistaken for [name_f]Eva[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] more. It’s a vintage name that has comeback potential. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is lovely. I also really like [name_f]Sabine[/name_f], [name_f]Francine[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] as middle names.