Regina

I think it’s cute, but agree that the jump to ‘Vagina’ isn’t too far off. But I didn’t think about it until someone else brought it up, so… I like it.

Oh my. I didn’t know it rhymed with Vagina. I’ve never heard of that pronunciation, only Re-[name]Gee[/name]-Na.
That could be a problem…, but I am in Australia so…

It’s not really a usable name in [name]Canada[/name] due to how we pronounce the city (re-gye-na). However, I do I think the name [name]Regina[/name] (re-gee-na) is pretty and could work in a country like Australia. I really like the nickname [name]Reggie[/name] and maybe even [name]Ginger[/name]?

I don’t think it’s too tied to Mean Girls. I don’t think Mean Girls is really a seminal movie, so it’s association will fade even more over time. However, I don’t like the name [name]Regina[/name] at all, but that’s just my personal opinion. I can see how others might think it’s a cool name.

I really love it, [name]Regina[/name] always makes me think of the fabulous Russian singer/songwriter, [name]Regina[/name] Spektor. Mean Girls doesn’t really cross my mind when I hear the name (and I love that movie!)

I think [name]Regina[/name] would be a wonderful, slightly vintage and quirky choice.

First thought was Mean Girls.
That aside, I don’t mind it. [name]Gina[/name] is a cute nn. [name]Reggie[/name] could be a really quirk nn for a tomboy.

I’m from Australia too and I don’t think any one here would associate [name]Regina[/name] with Vagina because they are pronounced differently here so I wouldn’t worry about that :slight_smile: I think it’s a very usable name here!
Also my first thought was mean girls but it wasn’t a negative thought so I don’t see that as a problem :slight_smile:

I second this :smiley:

“[name]Regina[/name] [name]George[/name] is flawless. I hear her hair is insured for $10,000”

No, I don’t mind the Mean Girls association…like a pp said, if anything, it makes the name look wearable today. It sounds like it’s said with the gee not the gye most places outside of [name]Canada[/name], so I wouldn’t be that worried about teasing…plus loads of cute nickname options if she ever did want to avoid it: [name]Reggie[/name], [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Gina[/name]… I like it.

Since my students quote Mean Girls on a daily basis (seriously, it’s like a HS cult classic right now… I even have girls who wear pink on Wednesdays… I kid you not), I did think Mean Girls, but who cares? I don’t mind the association at all. [name]Regina[/name] is also a main character in the TV show Once Upon a Time that is currently on TV.

I like the name.

[name]Regina[/name] also has the fabulous meaning “queen,” and has been in use for well over 1,000 years. :slight_smile: