Reginald?

What do you think? Ready for a comeback?
Thanks [name]Eli[/name] x

Sorry meant to add: He would be [name]Reginald[/name] Churchyard. What do you think?

The vintage name [name]Reginald[/name] still has quite a few cobwebs with it and doesn’t sound yet ready to make that comeback. With the last name Churchyard, I feel it sounds more like character in an American colonial or Victorian [name]England[/name] novel. If you want to stick to R names here are a few:

[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

There are a ton of other vintage names to consider such as:

[name]Alcott[/name]
[name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Clem[/name]
[name]Dudley[/name]
[name]Edison[/name]
[name]Morris[/name]
[name]Ned[/name]
[name]Sylvester[/name]

I balked at [name]Reginald[/name]. But then I thought how totally gorgeous a little [name]Reg[/name]/[name]Reggie[/name] would be. And [name]Reggie[/name] fits in with the [name]Archie[/name]/[name]Alfie[/name] phenomena.

I think if you don’t mind a slightly “toffee” name, then [name]Reginald[/name] could work. A year ago I would have sworn that there was no room in the playground for an [name]Albert[/name] or [name]Stanley[/name] but they are everywhere and those names have totally grown on me.

Oh [name]Reggie[/name]/[name]Reg[/name] is one of my guilty pleasures! I am totally in love with that name, therefore by association I have to say that I love [name]Reginald[/name] too. Though My kid would never go by the name [name]Reginald[/name], it would just be [name]Reggie[/name] for me! But to say if it’s ready for a come back? I’m not so sure yet. Maybe with a very small crowd it is but for the general public, I don’t think so. But of course you could totally get away with a little [name]Reggie[/name] without people cringing at his name.

[name]Hana[/name]

[name]Reginald[/name] is classy and maybe a bit stuffy sounding but I don’t mind it. [name]Reg[/name] and [name]Reggie[/name] really help lighten it up. I also really like [name]Regis[/name].

Wow [name]Reginald[/name] Churchyard is some name! I actually quite like it! [name]Reggie[/name] Churchyard is just adorable! I’d love to see a young [name]Reginald[/name] (although I wouldn’t be brave enough!)

[name]Jess[/name]

[name]Reginald[/name] still has a few cobwebs, and I agree [name]Reginald[/name] Churchyard sounds like an old civil war officer or something, but nn [name]Reggie[/name] makes it a lot more approachable I think it’s time for [name]Reginald[/name] to make a comeback :slight_smile:

My uncle was given the posh name of [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Noble[/name] + last name, his nn was [name]Reggie[/name] and as a small boy he asked the family to stop calling him [name]Reggie[/name] and that he wanted to be known as [name]Bill[/name] and he was for the rest of his long life. So that was one [name]Reginald[/name] who did not like their name and I would not use it either.

Thankyou everyone. I still really like it… Anyway what middle name would you pair with it? I really love [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Albert[/name] Churchyard. Too old fashioned a combination? or would you put something more modern with it?

To give you an idea of our naming style: our daughter is [name]Florence[/name] [name]Marlena[/name] ([name]Flossie[/name]) and [name]Enid[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] is our top girls name for the next one.

Sorry basicsand but none of those suggestions appeal! But thanks anyway!

[name]Eli[/name] x

With regard to [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Albert[/name] Churchyard, the style’s very much the same. I’m just considered about the initials RAC (rack). I’d go with a consonant. The first thing that popped in my head was [name]Theodore[/name]: [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Churchyard. [name]Stanley[/name] would be cool too: [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Stanley[/name] Churchyard. A once consonant middle would balance the three-syllable first name and two-syllable last name like [name]Tate[/name]: [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Tate[/name] Churchyard.

Thanks basicsand. [name]Theodore[/name] (although I like the name) just feels a bit long paired with [name]Reginald[/name] to me… [name]Don[/name]'t really like [name]Stanley[/name] or [name]Tate[/name] although I do think a one syllable name would sound good in the middle.

Other ideas of 1/2 syllable middle names for [name]Reginald[/name] Churchyard?

Thankyou [name]Eli[/name] x

I definitely think [name]Reginald[/name] could work. I know two brothers, [name]Ronald[/name] and [name]Reginald[/name], who are both teenagers. While both their names are somewhat stuffy, the nicknames [name]Ronnie[/name] and [name]Reggie[/name] really help them to sound fresh. So I guess what I mean to say is that I think you could get away with [name]Reginald[/name] if you call him [name]Reg[/name] or [name]Reggie[/name]. [name]Both[/name] nicknames are very cool and handsome.

[name]Reginald[/name] is gorgeous and darling! I think it would be such a handsome little man named [name]Reginald[/name] Churchyard, with such a vintage and powerful name. [name]Lovely[/name], really.

[name]Reggie[/name]/[name]Reg[/name] is really cute as well, but I’m not as crazy about those as I am about [name]Reginald[/name] itself! [name]Reginald[/name] Churchyard is dreamy.

[name]Hi[/name] again I think your combo of [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Albert[/name] Churchyard is really nice. I think [name]Reggie[/name] is cute on a little boy and [name]Reg[/name] on a man. It is not my style but it is a great combo so why not go with it?

Thankyou everyone. I still like [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Albert[/name] Churchyard best!

[name]Eli[/name]