Remington? Hampton?

So after losing two angel babies in the last 8 months we are trying again to make [name]Lola[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] a big sister … We are once again narrowing down our name list… I have my heart set on [name]Hampton[/name], it was my great Uncle’s name and I adore it! My hubby is not so thrilled about that name. I recently came across [name]Remington[/name] and we like it but my hubby is worried about the razor brand… He is loving [name]Zander[/name] right now, yes with a Z not an X! To my that name is too trendy, I prefer more antique names. If we have a girl next she will be either [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Mae[/name] or [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Mae[/name]… The baby girl we recently lost was [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ( just so you can see our naming style )
Thanks ahead of time :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry for your loss. :frowning:

I really love [name]Hampton[/name], though! It has a cool surnamey vibe to me, and, well, my church is called [name]Hampden[/name] Heights Church so I always thought [name]Hampton[/name] and [name]Hampden[/name] had a cool vibe to them. :slight_smile: I really like [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Hampton[/name] together.

I don’t love [name]Remington[/name] as much but it’s okay, and I do like [name]Remy[/name] on a boy a lot. My bigger hesitation is–[name]Remington[/name] is a gun company. [name]Just[/name] a little too harsh for me. :frowning: [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Remington[/name] feel a bit mismatched to me, too, mainly because [name]Lola[/name] is so short and sweet and [name]Remington[/name] is longer and a bit harsh and feels a bit British butler-y.

I do like [name]Zander[/name] a lot (I have to admit, I prefer the “Z”, too! Names that start with “X” always seemed odd to me. I like [name]Zavier[/name] better than [name]Xavier[/name], too…)–what about [name]Alexander[/name], nn [name]Zander[/name]? I think [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Zander[/name] are pretty cute, actually.

What happened to [name]Everett[/name]? I thought I’d heard that that was your top choice. I think [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] are too cute together! I absolutely love it (it’s on my top 3), but I can understand not wanting to use it if it is attached to one of your angel babies. :frowning:

Good luck!

I fully support your use of [name]Hampton[/name]. I have a similar family name - [name]Hamilton[/name] - on my middle name list for a boy. If your husband doesn’t love it as a first name, could you talk him into it as a middle name? [name]Hampton[/name] would make a dashing middle name and you wouldn’t have to worry so much about the hotel association. The nickname “[name]Ham[/name]” could be problematic too. What about [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hampton[/name]? Your husband gets [name]Zander[/name] and you get [name]Hampton[/name]? I like [name]Remington[/name] too but might keep that one in the middle spot. The nickname [name]Remy[/name] is cool, but in full the name is a little stuffy.

Pulling from your list, I really like [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Hampton[/name], [name]Everett[/name] [name]Hampton[/name], [name]Ford[/name] [name]Remington[/name], and [name]Wade[/name] [name]Remington[/name].

First thank you Ashtedreamer, its been a rough year :frowning: we lost [name]Matilda[/name] at 20 weeks so it has been really hard and we are still healing but trying to move forward and focusing on futurr babes seems to help!

Wow thanks so much for all of the great input :wink: we did have [name]Everett[/name] as our top boy name but a friend of ours just named their little guy [name]Everett[/name] so we are kind of on the fence about it right now… My uncle [name]Hampton[/name] went by “[name]Hamp[/name]” The nickname possibilities with [name]Hampton[/name] is what my hubby is not crazy about so maybe a middle name spot?!? I will give [name]Alexander[/name] some thought, I’m just worried [name]Alexander[/name] isn’t different enough… But I’ll think about it :slight_smile: [name]Just[/name] glad to see other people like [name]Hampton[/name] too!

Oh, I can only imagine. There’s a lady who goes to my church who miscarried like… five times, I think? Before she got both her boys. It’s such a hard thing to go through and I can only imagine the pain your family’s been through in the past year! I hope your little miracle baby is on its way! :slight_smile:

Aww, that’s too bad about [name]Everett[/name]! I thought it was absolutely perfect with [name]Lola[/name]. [name]How[/name] close are you to them? Maybe you could talk to them? My sister wants me, her, and our little sister all to have girls and name them [name]Olivia[/name], so they could be [name]Livy[/name] (mine), Luvy (hers), and Laffy (our baby sister’s). ha! I don’t know how she gets Luvy and Laffy out of [name]Olivia[/name], but oh, well, lol. Maybe it’ll just be a non-issue and you would still be able to use it. Although I don’t know if I would want to–after an acquaintance uses the name I feel weird about using it, too…

I know what you mean about [name]Alexander[/name]… it is so common but it is timeless, too, and its quirky nicknames are what make it so usable, imo–he doesn’t have to be [name]Alex[/name]–he could be [name]Zander[/name], but he could also be [name]Alec[/name], [name]Lex[/name], [name]Xander[/name]/[name]Zander[/name], Skandar, or even [name]Zane[/name].

I like [name]Alexander[/name] a lot with [name]Lola[/name]. [name]Remington[/name] is a GP of mine, so I obviously think it’s a great pick :smiley: [name]Hampton[/name] I don’t like as much, but I totally see why you would use it. You have great alternatives already! I wish you and your family the best of luck!:slight_smile:

I think [name]Hampton[/name] works better with [name]Lola[/name]. [name]Remington[/name] feels a bit stuffy and pretentious to me, but [name]Remy[/name] would make a cute nickname, and I think [name]Remington[/name] would definitely work as a middle name.

I’m sorry for your losses, and wish you the best of luck!

I am so sorry for your losses. Miscarriages are devastating, I have been down that road myself. [name]Remington[/name] is one of my favorite names-I absolutely love the combo [name]Remington[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]. I like [name]Hampton[/name] and am all for honoring beloved family members. I adore your girls names!

Thank you so much everyone for all of the sweet words and support! I am seriously crushing the nickname [name]Remy[/name] :wink: but love the family connection and style of [name]Hampton[/name]! If only [name]Hampton[/name] had an adorable nickname like [name]Remy[/name] I would be in name bliss :wink:

I was about to write that! :wink:
Also, I’m sorry about your losses, best of luck.

I love [name]Zander[/name], I think it sounds really cool with [name]Lola[/name] :slight_smile: I do like [name]Hampton[/name], but I think a teenager wouldn’t like the name so much and there aren’t any nicknames, but if you love it, go for it!

Edited for privacy.

Are you opposed to [name]Remy[/name] [name]Hampton[/name]?

I do like [name]Remy[/name] [name]Hampton[/name] but does a name ending in a y sound feminine or am I over thinking things now? And that’s a good point about [name]Hampton[/name] as a teen.: hmmm