Remy, Rocco and Rufus - thoughts?

What do you think of this trio? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they go well together? What R name would you replace [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] with (I like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] but unsure about [name_u]Rocco[/name_u])? I also like [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m], any other ideas? Not pregnant, just playing around with some fantasy sibsets :wink:

It feels a bit mismatched to me because [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] are more modern, while [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] is vintage. Iā€™ve only heard of [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] as a dog name, so itā€™s hard to think of it as a name. [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] sounds good! I would change the sibset to [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Love all three! I agree they all feel different in style, but I still like them together.

Robin
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Ramsey[/name_u]
[name_m]Redmond[/name_m]

1 Like

I like all of them, [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] is my favorite.
Personally I feel like they all have a bohemian style so I donā€™t feel theyā€™re terribly mismatched.

1 Like

If you want a similar vintage vibe how about

[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
Redland ?

There is also
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Randall[/name_m]
Ronan
Roland
Raynard
Ripley
Ross
Russel
Ryan
Ralph
Robert
Roscoe
Rafael
Raphael
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] - love this
[name_u]Remington[/name_u] rather than just [name_u]Remy[/name_u]

I like all of the names youā€™ve chosen! I like [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u] (feels very Euro) or [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] but [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] feels fancier than the other two names?

What about [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] nn [name_m]Raff[/name_m]/Raffe? Itā€™s a name thatā€™s been around for a while like [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], but like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] itā€™s a name thatā€™s definitely rising in popularity (at least where I live). Too close with the f-sound in [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]?

Seconding @anon25197097 's idea of [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] and [name_u]Rocco[/name_u]! What a sweet and charming set

Roscoe, [name_u]Reed[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] came to mind

1 Like

I love these three names together!! Perfect.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]! Iā€™ve never really liked [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] for whatever reason. It definitely works as a sibset though, theyā€™re all a little off-beat with their own unique personalities.

Roscoe is my first thought to replace [name_u]Rocco[/name_u]. [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], and [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] all sound so soft and cozy to me.

Some other R names that might work (Sorry for repeats!): [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Russell[/name_m], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_u]Ramsey[/name_u], [name_m]Roger[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]

1 Like

I dislike alliteration in sibling names, so Iā€™m not the right one to ask.

I do like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] as names though and I adore [name_m]Rufus[/name_m].

If you got rid of [name_u]Rocco[/name_u], what about

Rockwell
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Rembrandt[/name_m]
[name_u]Royal[/name_u]
[name_m]Roger[/name_m]
[name_m]Rogelio[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Robbie[/name_u]
[name_m]Riordan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Reginald[/name_m]
[name_m]Rainier[/name_m]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]

I also love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] together but Iā€™m not totally sure about [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] with them. I think Iā€™d prefer either [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u] or [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] with [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m].

1 Like

I like them all together!
If you were to switch out [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] I think [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], [name_u]Rex[/name_u] or [name_u]Rigby[/name_u] would be great!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]! Iā€™m on the fence about [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] as well

River and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] are nice but feel more common then the other names

What about:

Roger
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m]
[name_u]Rudy[/name_u]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]

1 Like

Remy is one of my current top favorite names! I currently have it on my list as a nickname for Jeremy or Jeremiah (or Remiel, when Iā€™m feeling bold), but I love it as a standalone name too. I usually pair it with Simon.

Roman (nn Rome or as a stand-alone) and River are also favorites of mine. I adore word names and these ones work excellently, both together and with other, non-word names.

That said, I think Roman goes best with Remy and Rufus, as it has that more ā€œvintage Europeanā€ feel.

Quick note on Rufus: I personally find it hard to get behind this name but thatā€™s just because I have a favorite and much loved stuffed animal from childhood named Rufus :blush: so I associate with a dog. I obviously donā€™t anticipate this problem in general though, just sharing as itā€™s hard for me to be objective about this name. Objectively I think itā€™s a lovely and vintage name and it excites me to see names like this used! Reminds me of names such as Silas, Jonas, Linusā€¦ anyways, I digress.

I am also on the fence about Rocco, but think that Remy, Rufus and Roman would make a workable sibset. Rufus and River have too different of a feel.

That said, I do think River, Roman, and Remy would also make an excellent sibset, as would Roman, Rufus, and Rocco.

Ok. So. That was a bit of a disorganized rant (sorry!) so essentially Iā€™m suggesting the following options for sibsets:

• Remy, Rufus, and Roman
  • River, Roman, and Remy (my personal favorite)
  • Roman, Rufus, and Rocco

I like all three names, with [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] being my favourite and [name_u]Rocco[/name_u] my least favourite. Iā€™m not really a fan of them together though as they feel mismatched in style. I think [name_u]Rocco[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] go together the best! I think [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Roger[/name_m] would work as well.