Replaced a Name With Another

See the results of this poll: Which one?

Respondents: 56 (This poll is closed)

• Everleigh : 29 (52%)
  • Waverly: 27 (48%)

I adore the name [name]Everly[/name], but I like the [name]Everly[/name] spelling best, especially with the mn [name]Claire[/name], but it’s your call! Good luck!

I love the sound of both, but I’ve never been a huge fan of any of Everleigh’s spellings, tbh. [name]Everley[/name] seems to be too much; [name]Everly[/name] too austere; Everleigh too trendy (as is Everlee/Everlie). I do like just [name]Ever[/name] for a girl, though.

[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is my favorite! I just love it.

I love [name]Everly[/name], but hate the Everleigh spelling. Being an [name]Ashleigh[/name] it was always a pain in the ass having to quickly go “L.E.I.G.H” when someone was writing my name. I don’t even bother correcting people anymore. I just let them write [name]Ashley[/name]. Infact my current employer still thinks my name is [name]Ashley[/name] with the -ley spelling. I think it would be a lot easier on [name]Everly[/name] to just have the ‘regular’ spelling. [name]Ever[/name] is such a cute nn as well.

P.S I actually go by [name]Isabel[/name] “[name]Bella[/name]” now because my name was such an annoyance to me.

I suggested both names to my husband. He prefers [name]Waverly[/name]. We made a deal he picks the middle name and I picked first. But, I still try to weigh in his opinion as well.

I like [name]Waverly[/name] better!

I like Everleigh better, but I have an [name]Everly[/name] myself. I know a little girl named [name]Waverly[/name], and it’s fine too but seems older to me (maybe b/c it reminds me of the [name]Joy[/name] [name]Luck[/name] Club) so it’s hard to hear called out at the park. I bet you could come up with a cute nickname though. People I run into always say they love [name]Everly[/name]'s name, but I don’t know all of the comments about [name]Waverly[/name] except that I’ve heard people say it reminds them of an old lady (keep in mind I used “old” names for both of my kids so that wouldn’t bother me much).

Spell it [name]Everly[/name]. Looks weird the way you list above.

I like both names, but I think [name]Waverly[/name] just goes so well with [name]Cadence[/name].

[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Claire[/name] got my vote!

Everleigh is a trendy one right now…

I voted for [name]Waverly[/name], but probably would have picked [name]Everly[/name] if it had the -ly spelling.

[name]Everly[/name], but only this spelling. Everleigh is too youneek. I still prefer [name]Gemma[/name].

This is exactly my problem with Everleigh and variants. But if I had to, I’d use the [name]Everly[/name]/[name]Everley[/name] spelling. The length of Everleigh compared to [name]Everly[/name] makes Everleigh look overdone.

I voted [name]Waverly[/name]. I would have voted [name]Everly[/name]/[name]Everley[/name] if that were an option.

Posted New [name]Poll[/name] with Spelling Revision.