Rescued a Kitten! Name Ideas!?!?

Rescued this sweet girl from the heat wave earlier this week. We’ve been calling her ‘Munchkin’ for the time being but we all feel like it’s a temporary name/nickname and are looking for her real name now!

Some that made the top of our list:
Piper / Pippin
Hayley
Laila
Emily / Millie
Riley

Names liked but got rejected or don’t feel quite right:
Luna
Clara
Lucy
Claudia
Harper
Bindi
Zelda
Andi
Emma
Anya

I sent a photo to a friend at one point and she said “is that a skunk?”, and I started jokingly calling her “little skunk” and that’s kinda stuck as an affectionate pet name now lol

She’s a feisty little thing. Lots of fight in her. She hops around when she runs, seems to actually enjoy taking the occasional tumble, likes to ‘box’ when playing with us, and loves to climb everything. She’s got the loudest purr I’ve ever heard; she sounds like her belly is full of bees!

She’s joining dog brother, Dexter, and cat sister, Kiara.

3 Likes

She totally looks like a Pippen!

1 Like

She’s so precious! From your current top contenders, [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] seem particularly perfect. [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] popped into my mind as well.

2 Likes

Oh I like Frankie!!

@Luminen @TeaJay ahh super cute, but my dad’s name is [name_m]Frank[/name_m] so it feels a bit weird lol, don’t think I could use it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Aww yeah! of yours I really like [name_u]Piper[/name_u]! She also looks like she could be a [name_f]Moira[/name_f] “Moe”, [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Alanna[/name_f], [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f], and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

1 Like

She’s absolutely adorable!

1 Like

Oh, I like [name_f]Althea[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]! I’ll bring those up!!!

She is just :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

I’m partial to [name_f]Hayley[/name_f], because that’s what I named my cat when I was a little girl. I love [name_f]Hayley[/name_f]. It’s sweet & feisty at the same time. Feels soft & kind & a little playful. Feminine but also a tad sporty.

I’m not into [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] for a girl so much…& [name_u]Piper[/name_u] just seems a tad over done/trendy for cats & humans. But I do feel like she would make a good [name_u]Pip[/name_u]. Maybe [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_u]Pip[/name_u]?

[name_f]Laila[/name_f] & [name_f]Emily[/name_f] are both perfectly nice, but don’t feel special enough for this little cutie.

Sorry for any repeats, but how do you feel about…

Bellatrix/Trixie

Calliope/Callie

Callalilie/Callie

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]

[name_u]Cricket[/name_u]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

Eleanor/Nellie/Ellie

[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

Greta/Gerty

Juniper/Juno/Junie

Josephine/Posy

[name_f]Polly[/name_f]

Primrose/Posy/Rosie

[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is adorable!!! I think a [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] could get away with the nn “Pip” too! Also LOVE [name_f]Freya[/name_f], I’ll definitely be bringing these 2 up!!!

We were liking [name_f]Laila[/name_f] after [name_f]Laila[/name_f] [name_u]Ali[/name_u], since she’s always ‘boxing’ with us. She stands on her wee little hind legs and throws her front paws out, batting at our hands. We thought it was a cute connection!

We had a cat named [name_f]Clover[/name_f] in the past, so that one is definitely off limits, but thanks for all the suggestions!!!

She actually looks like a [name_f]Susy[/name_f] to me

1 Like

My cat was called Pippa, which could be a good alternative?

I like [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f], because of her colours!

1 Like

She is SO cute! She looks like a [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] to me!

Aw so cute!
I like [name_f]Freya[/name_f] (or Freyja), [name_f]Lexa[/name_f], [name_u]Lexie[/name_u] or [name_f]Inka[/name_f] for her🥰
Also if you like the nn [name_u]Pip[/name_u] maybe [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]?

1 Like

I would use something ending in A again to match your other a
[name_f]Pet[/name_f] names.

[name_f]Wylda[/name_f]? It means wild?? As you said she was fiesty.
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f]
[name_f]Runa[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] or Pippen suits her so well! She is absolutely adorable :purple_heart:

I also like the suggestion of [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] :blush:

1 Like

After much conversation, and trying out our favorites, we’ve settled on [name_u]Piper[/name_u]! I’ve taken to calling her “Pip” and “Pipsqueak” as well :heart:

Our top 2 ended up being [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but [name_u]Piper[/name_u] won by a long shot!

5 Likes

I can picture her as a [name_f]Hayley[/name_f] or an [name_f]Andi[/name_f], those names are super cute for a kitten!