Rex.

Thoughts on [name]Rex[/name]? Does it have a vintage flair to you? I like it, but a lot still consider it a dog’s name.

I personally like [name]Rex[/name]. But I feel that it’s losing it’s popularity for dogs so is becoming more usable for boys. I don’t think it’s that vintage because names ending in X as becoming quite popular like [name]Jax[/name], [name]Maddox[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Knox[/name].

Nice name for a dog… Sorry. Might as well name a child Lady, Fido, [name]King[/name] or [name]Pluto[/name].

An author I quite like who was born in the 1880s was a [name]Rex[/name]. He wrote novels set mostly in the '30s. (Contemporary to when he wrote them) and the name gives me that sort of feel. Martini glasses, evening gowns, and private investigators.

I like it a lot. I don’t like many one-syllable boys names but [name]Rex[/name] is on the very short list I do like. I don’t know if I would actually use it though, as it seems difficult in combos. [name]Rhett[/name] or [name]Rhys[/name] are easier in combos, but [name]Rhett[/name] is loaded down with GWTW, and [name]Rhys[/name] suffers from [name]Reese[/name]/[name]Reece[/name] being seen as unisex.

I just translate it to [name]King[/name] whenever I see it.

I want to like it, because I love [name]Dex[/name] and [name]Jeb[/name] which are both so similar, but it sounds too dinosaury to me. If the poor child is overweight particularly tall, he may get called T-[name]Rex[/name].

I like [name]Rex[/name]. I mentioned it to my hubby once and his response was “like a dog?”, and I never mentioned it again.

I love [name]Rex[/name] and don’t consider it a dog’s name. And the dinosaur connection may make it cooler for a boy.

I get the dinosaur connection with [name]Rex[/name] more than a dog connection. I think T-[name]Rex[/name] would be an awesome nn between friends. Maybe I just want a dinosaur…

Sorry, my dog’s name is [name]Rex[/name] so I could never imagine a kid named that.

I do consider it to be a dogs name to be honest. My cousin has a son named [name]Rex[/name] and he’s an adorable and great little guy, but I still mainly see it as a dogs name.

I have a cat named [name]Rex[/name]. But actually I first think of [name]Rex[/name] [name]Murphy[/name], a political commentator on CBC before I think of anyone else (including my cat) when I hear that name :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rex[/name]! It’s strong and simple and very masculine. I don’t think it’s a common dog name at all anymore. I actually recently visited a dog-naming site as we were looking for a name for a pet and the top 10 dog names are [name]Jack[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Rocky[/name], [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Jake[/name], [name]Buddy[/name] and [name]Buster[/name]. [name]Rex[/name] isn’t even in top 50 most common dog names!

The first thing I think of is [name]Rex[/name] [name]Harrison[/name], and that’s a good thing! I honestly forgot that [name]Rex[/name] is considered a dog name until I read the posts. I really like it!!

My husband’s name is [name]Rex[/name] and so many people comment on how great a name it is. He does get T-[name]Rex[/name] a lot but mostly because my first name starts with T. But it makes him super cool with the nieces and nephews to have a dinosaur name!

I used to look after a little boy called [name]Rex[/name] and at first all I could think was ‘it’s a dog’s name, it’s a dog’s name, it’s a dog’s name’ it didn’t help that when I was younger my grandfather had a dog called [name]Rex[/name] but he was such a sweet and kind and funny and smart precious gorgeous little boy that the name is no longer a dog’s name in my mind instead it’s a cute, sweet underused beautiful name for an awesome little boy

I like it…ppl use max and scout and I think [name]Rex[/name] is cute, too

It is still all dog to me.

I’m afraid I’m in the dog/dino name club.

I know dogs named [name]Roxy[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and too many named [name]Bailey[/name] or [name]Max[/name] to count, but none named [name]Rex[/name].