Rhema—a girls’ name?

Not on Nameberry, but due to a personal miracle God has done in my life, this Hebrew word fits.

Rhema means:
Rhema (ῥῆμα in Greek) literally means an “utterance” or “thing said” in Greek.[1] It is a word that signifies the action of utterance.[2]

In philosophy, it was used by both Plato and Aristotle to refer to propositions or sentences.[3]

In Christianity, it is used in reference to the concept of Rhematos Christou, [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m]'s sayings.

In other words, The Spoken Word of God.

I would probably add a decorative accent to match my other girls, and use it as a middle to [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] (the place where the tabernacle was and Gods presence during the days of the judges and where [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] had her reassurance from God about bearing her son [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]): [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] Rhéma

(Yes, I’m still musing on names :smirk::joy:)

2 Likes

Lololol I know! I’m a mess! But I do love names & meanings & sounds & matches. :joy:

Recent concerns that God miraculously worked out got me thinking on the Spoken Word.

I love [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] Rhéma!!

1 Like

Thanks!

If the name is so special and meaningful to you, it sounds like a perfect choice.

1 Like

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] Rhéma is so lovely! You really aren’t making this easy on yourself, are you @rebekah83? You have so many beautiful options!

1 Like

Ha ha. @may.rose you are so right! But thank you. Yes I was just staring at 3 of my girl favorites and also stuck on 4 top boy choices. :joy::smirk::woman_shrugging:

Shiloh Rhéma “Shi”

Noémi [name_u]Love[/name_u] “Émi”

Hadassah Noémi or [name_u]Love[/name_u] “[name_f]Haddie[/name_f]”

And a variety of combos with any number of these. :joy::crazy_face:

But this latest one def has the most meaning, although not as perfect as Noémi [name_u]Love[/name_u] with the others.

1 Like

I think Noémi [name_u]Love[/name_u] still gets my vote, but it’s very close!

1 Like