Rhidian

How do you feel about the name [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m]? It’s a Welsh saint’s name. I watched Wolfblood as a kid and one of the main characters was named [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]. The character was spelled with a y and pronounced “rid-ee-an”, but it’s typically spelled [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] and pronounced “hrid-yan”, which I prefer (though I would say it more like “rid-yan” because of my accent). Anyway, I’ve been thinking about this name recently. I think it’s really handsome and cool. I’ve been thinking about [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m].
What are your thoughts on [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m]? What middle name would you pair with it?

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]/Rhidian and actually had it on my list for a while as a middle name. I can’t remember if I ever got around to pairing it with anything though. I do prefer the spelling [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]- probably because that’s the first spelling I came across.

Rhydian [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] [name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

Graham [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]
[name_u]Sean[/name_u] [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u] [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cecil[/name_m] [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]
[name_m]Wes[/name_m] [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]

Edit to add

Wells [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] or [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m]

1 Like

I prefer the [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] spelling, but nonetheless it’s so handsome! I like [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] as a combo :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I agree, it is indeed a very cool name with interesting history tied to it. Definitely works well when paired with a strong, established middle name such as [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like it! I prefer the [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] spelling just because I know one so it feels more familiar (fwiw he says it the way you listed for [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m]), but either spelling works. [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] flows well but feels a bit supernatural because of [name_u]Twilight[/name_u]. I think most E names would work though - maybe [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] or [name_u]Everett[/name_u]?

1 Like

Rhidian [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is rugged and cool

1 Like

I like [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m]. I’m not familiar with the TV series, but there was a singer named [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] who appeared in the UK version of the X [name_m]Factor[/name_m] years ago. I’ve liked the name ever since I heard it on him. It sounds cool and different. [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is a great combination. (I would pronounce [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] and [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] the same, but I don’t speak Welsh nor do I live in [name_m]Wales[/name_m] so that’s probably incorrect.)

1 Like

I’m a Welsh speaker and can confirm that that is correct :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

omg I used to watch wolfblood!! I love this name :heart::blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! I’m not a Welsh speaker, and when I looked up what sound “y” makes in Welsh, it made it seem like it would change the pronunciation. This pushes me back towards [name_m]Rhydian[/name_m] instead of [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That show had a lot of good names! [name_f]Jana[/name_f]? [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] (b)? [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]? [name_f]Awesome[/name_f]!

2 Likes

i know!! it was so good for names. I also remember a [name_m]Matei[/name_m] and [name_m]Aran[/name_m] :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t remember them, but this was before I watched everything with subtitles and I wasn’t used to their accents :sweat_smile:

Rhydian has been on my long list for a while! I have a plant with this name :slight_smile: I like the [name_m]Rhidian[/name_m] spelling too! It is so fun to say!

1 Like