Rhyming name? Half Korean

Hi everybody, we are due our first child and going through the whole naming process. I like the name [name_m]Conor[/name_m] but my last name sounds like mick-don-ull. Does this sound too sing songy? We are also trying to find a name that is easy for Koreans to pronounce if anyone has any suggestions. We have thought of a lot but welcome some fresh insights. Thanks for your suggestions.

1 Like

I think it sounds fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_u]Connor[/name_u] sounds fine with your last name in my opinion!

2 Likes

Connor sounds absolutely fine with your surname :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it sounds just fine! Also, speaking as a Korean who’s lived her whole life in Korea, I don’t think [name_m]Conor[/name_m] is difficult for Koreans to pronounce. Some other male names easy to pronounce in Korean are:

• Ian (we have a Korean name that sounds exactly the same, and it’s quite a popular name for newborns nowadays.)
  • Ben
  • Nick
  • actually come to think of it most names are just fine as long as it isn’t too long or consist the sounds f,z, th, or r. Of course, it would all depend on said Korean’s [name_f]English[/name_f] ability, but most Koreans learn [name_f]English[/name_f] from an early age and wouldn’t find most [name_f]English[/name_f] words that difficult to pronounce, even though we may have a Korean accent.
3 Likes

I agree with everyone above! ^.^

1 Like

I think it sounds fine!

1 Like

Conor is lovely.

1 Like