Rhyming sibling names

What are your thoughts on rhyming sibling names? Before we had our first we we always knew our daughter would be [name_u]Harper[/name_u]. Our first born was a boy and we called him [name_u]Carter[/name_u] but we now have a daughter and I’m not sure ‘[name_u]Harper[/name_u]’ and ‘[name_u]Carter[/name_u]’ go well together-

Or does it not matter at all?

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] have similar sounds, but don’t rhyme! I think it isn’t horrible, and if [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is your favorite name I think you should use it!

2 Likes

I think that [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] don’t rhyme exactly and they sound so outstanding together! Excellent choices and if you love [name_u]Harper[/name_u] go for it!

And I’m [name_f]Elena[/name_f] and my sister is [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] so we have the same number of syllables and the same ending, and I think that sounds fine

1 Like

To my ears these names sound very alike. Actually, in honesty my brain kind of morphs the two, like Carper and Harter. If the names sound distinctive to you though, I still think [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is fine to use.

2 Likes

I am not a fan of rhyming sib sets.
But [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] are not true rhyming words. Yes they are similar but not that close. I think that they sound great together.

1 Like

I’m not fan of matchy matchy names or rhyming patterns. I think [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] are okay together as they are not completely matchy, but wouldn’t give a third sibling an -er name because that definitely makes a pattern.

I think [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] are fine because those names don’t fully rhyme.

Think about 10 years from now when you’re yelling their names across the house from the kitchen to come to dinner. [name_f]Do[/name_f] they sound so much alike that they’ll not know who you’re calling?