Rhys or Pierce?1

Which name do you prefer as a brother to [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]…[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] or [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]? Also, we like the traditional spelling of [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] but will it be a challenge in the US getting people to pronounce it correctly? We also love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] (like everyone else) but I don’t want him to be one of 5 Finns in school!

I have 3 sons, [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. We live on the east coast if the US and the [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] thing isn’t a big deal. Of course some people don’t know it but they easily remember once you explain it’s like [name_u]Reese[/name_u]. Obviously I like your taste in names! I love [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] and for some reason I prefer [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] with [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. Ironically, if his name was [name_m]Luke[/name_m] I would say [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. I think I like the longer name and the fact it is so strong sounding. [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] sound so awesome together. Good luck!

I love both [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. I slightly prefer [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] with [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. I do not think the spelling of [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] would be an issue.

[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]! I don’t care for [name_m]Pierce[/name_m].

I like [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] with [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], but then [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] is all verb to me!

I think [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] sounds better with [name_m]Lukas[/name_m], but I like both names

I think [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] is the more friendly and approachable option and it sounds quite awesome with your surname. I like the way the “y” breaks the straight line of your surname so I’m glad you’re sticking with the traditional spelling. The more Americans see it the more familiar it will become. I just think that some names are worth a bit of trouble although I don’t think it would be a huge problem. I’ve seen some pretty horrible spellings so [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] is pretty tame compared to them. :slight_smile:

Of [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] and [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], I would say [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. But I do prefer [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. I don’t know, it’s just a sibset that works, imo.

[name_m]Pierce[/name_m] sounds violent and painful…certainly [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]…and most people will pronounce it correctly.

I like [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]!

[name_m]Pierce[/name_m], but it’s mostly just a personal preference. I think [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] and [name_m]Pierce[/name_m] sound a little more badass than [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] and [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], which feels more gentlemanly.

I prefer [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], though I also like [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]. I would go with the [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] spelling–I think it’s well-known, and it also seems the more masculine spelling (probably because of [name_u]Reese[/name_u] Witherspoon).