Riley :)

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Riley[/name_f] for a boy?

Would be have problems because there are more girls named [name_f]Riley[/name_f]?

If you saw a sibset written down: [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]Riley[/name_f], would you assume two boys or a boy and a girl?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like this sibset? [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Holly[/name_f], [name_f]Clio[/name_f], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]Riley[/name_f] (boy) or does [name_f]Riley[/name_f] stick out?

I don’t mind [name_f]Riley[/name_f] - a solid, sweet choice. Where I am, it’s still more popular for boys (in the top 100) but even if it wasn’t, I think it’s fine. It’s got all the qualities of popular boys names (Wesley, [name_m]Ryan[/name_m] etc) and I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have a unisex name.

Plus, if I saw your set, I’d assume boy for [name_f]Riley[/name_f] on first glance as [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Holly[/name_f] and [name_f]Clio[/name_f] are more obviously feminine? [name_f]Riley[/name_f] fits the set - it doesn’t overly stick out

1 Like

A UK perspective here, [name_f]Riley[/name_f] feels neutral leaning a little masculine. For [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]Riley[/name_f] I’d guess [name_f]Riley[/name_f] was a boy here, but if coming from the US I simply wouldn’t assume gender based on reading the sibset.
I think [name_f]Riley[/name_f] absolutely fits with the names you have given.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Riley[/name_f]. Would consider it for a boy myself.

1 Like

i love riley for boys or girls - but i think i have a slight preference for a boy !

i don’t think so - i believe its pretty established as a unisex name rather than a mostly feminine name (although i haven’t met any rileys :sweat_smile:)

i’d assume two boys

riley doesn’t stick out - it feels familiar and short to match the sibling names

1 Like

I have a younger brother named [name_f]Riley[/name_f], so it feels masculine to me. Although my parents planned to use that name (same spelling) whether he was a boy or girl just with a different middle name.
The first time I encountered a girl named [name_f]Riley[/name_f] (with that spelling) I was student teaching and assumed [name_f]Riley[/name_f] would be a boy student after living my whole life knowing only one other [name_f]Riley[/name_f] (my brother…) with this spelling, lol.
I definitely think [name_f]Riley[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] fit together as a pair of brothers! I also think a male [name_f]Riley[/name_f] fits well in your sibset.

1 Like

I know more little boy Riley’s than girls. But definitely unisex- so I wouldn’t assume either gender.

I personally would not pair it with a sister named [name_f]Lily[/name_f]- too close for my taste

1 Like