Riot Rose šŸŒ¹

Iā€™m curious to hear all of your thoughts on [name_f]Rihanna[/name_f] and A$AP Rockyā€™s sonā€™s name, [name_m]Riot[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a male middle name feels very [name_u]Berry[/name_u], imo.

11 Likes

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is interesting as name for a boy I truly adore the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and never considered this for a boy. I really like that! However for me [name_m]Riot[/name_m] is not my style feels to much of a literal ā€˜edgyā€™ word name. I feel that [name_m]Riot[/name_m] is a lot to live up too what happens if heā€™s a shy lad (I highly doubt considering how cool his parents are) but still for me [name_m]Riot[/name_m] is a bit much especially paired with [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

However does feel very them in how I perceive them so I think thatā€™s cool.

4 Likes

I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] on any gender!

I am not so sure on [name_m]Riot[/name_m] though.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s very cool and rocker like name. Not something I would choose but love it for them.

7 Likes

I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] works fine, but [name_m]Riot[/name_m] feels quite violent to me.

7 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a male middle name, not a fan of [name_m]Riot[/name_m] because of the negative connotations, but it suits her style I guess.

5 Likes

I love them using [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for a son! Simple and sweet. The contrast of [name_m]Riot[/name_m] is almost certainly intentional (I would assume), which makes me feel there was more thought put into the combo than I some other celeb baby names. Not my style, but I donā€™t hate it!

8 Likes

I quite like the combo as a whole ā€” the balance between stereotypical masculinity and femininity is nice and seems well thought-out. Iā€™m not personally a big fan of [name_m]Riot[/name_m] because of its connotations, but I can appreciate its namelike sounds and for their child it definitely works!

I think them using [name_u]Rose[/name_u] as a middle name could spark other parents to start using girl names for boys ā€” I can even see it becoming the next [name_u]James[/name_u].

2 Likes

When I clicked on the title, I didnā€™t expect it to be the name of Rihannaā€™s child. RZA & [name_m]Riot[/name_m] are worlds apart to me but I like the R-theme that they have going on.

I love [name_u]Rose[/name_u] on a boy. I think it is quite sweet and charming. [name_m]Riot[/name_m] has some good sounds but it has some unfriendly connotations.

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Riot[/name_m].

ā€œA riot is a language of the unheard.ā€ - MLK

11 Likes

When my sister texted me this name, I thought this baby was a girl! I love [name_u]Rose[/name_u] on a boy. I really donā€™t like [name_m]Riot[/name_m].

I asked my three y/o what she thought of this name, whether she liked it, and she said, ā€œWhaat? No!ā€ :rofl:

I hate [name_m]Riot[/name_m] due to the violent meaning

1 Like

I donā€™t like [name_m]Riot[/name_m] at all, but because of the sound, not the meaning. I adore [name_u]Rose[/name_u] on a boy.

RZA is my favorite celebrity baby name ever so I was very curious what they would choose this time!

Itā€™s a PERFECT celebrity baby name. I love the balance of masculine and feminine, the alliteration, the imagery.

3 Likes

i think this is super cool!

as others mentioned, totally thought it was a little girl at first, but i love it on a boy as well! iā€™ve always thought riot was so cool!

[name_m]Riot[/name_m] doesnā€™t always have negative connotations. The word also means funny/outrageous (as in ā€œheā€™s a riotā€).

I absolutely LOVEEEE [name_u]Rose[/name_u] on a boy. the floral connotations and the verbal meaning of rose, as in ā€œto riseā€, makes me adore it even more.

What is this world coming to when a child is named a word directly associated with violence, arson, theft and looting. Itā€™s just horrific. [name_u]Rose[/name_u] for a boy is just ridiculousā€¦Oh! Thatā€™s a good oneā€¦Riot Ridiculous!

I donā€™t know why they would do that because [name_u]Rose[/name_u] is adorable for a boy or girl but [name_m]Riot[/name_m]? He might get bullied by other people because of it. [name_m]Riot[/name_m] feels dumb for your kid but I still respect them naming him that.