River as a girl's name?

I’ve recently gotten a bit of a name-crush on [name]River[/name] for a girl. There’s not really much to say about this one - it’s a nature name, and it’s got a lovely, relaxed feeling. The one combo I can come up with is [name]River[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Rose[/name].
Thoughts? :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure that [name]River[/name] is more popular for girls - though don’t take my word for it - however I prefer it for boys. It works find for a girl, and the imagery and the meaning and the colours etc etc are all very pretty and lovely, but at the moment I’m liking a lot of “girls” names on boys ([name]Brooks[/name], [name]Sky[/name], [name]Devon[/name], [name]Phoenix[/name]) and [name]River[/name] happens to be amongst them. [name]River[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a lovely combo, although [name]Rose[/name] continues to be bland in the middle. :slight_smile:

[name]River[/name] is one unisex name that I like on girls and boys.
I dislike most boyish names on girls, but I think cuz it is a word name, it doesn’t bother me. I don’t feel that it has a gender.
Your combo is quite pretty.

I think [name]River[/name] has a very natural and calming feel. I don’t identify it with one gender more than the other. It is more popular for boys in the US. It ranks #407 for boys and #686 for girls so it is definitely not overly popular for either sex and feels familiar on both. In my geographic area [name]River[/name] is very overdone for boys. I would love to meet a little female [name]River[/name], and [name]River[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is amazing!!

I immediately think of [name]River[/name] [name]Tam[/name], who is a female character on a [name]Joss[/name] Whedon show. So, I think it certainly works on a girl.

Would be such a lovely name on a little girl.

I have always thought [name]River[/name] would be lovely on a girl. I personally would like it better on a girl than a boy, since [name]IMO[/name] it is a soft pretty word.

[name]River[/name] leans masculine but I like it on both genders. It is more common for boys in the US

[name]River[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful. Though, [name]Rose[/name] has always been a filler middle name to me.

I love [name]River[/name] for a girl and your combo is beautiful.

I like [name]River[/name] on a girl. It reminds me of Firefly and [name]Doctor[/name] Who. I will say your combo really makes me think of [name]Doctor[/name] Who. [name]River[/name] Song, [name]Amelia[/name] Pond (I know you have [name]Amelie[/name], but it’s just so close in aesthetics!) and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] :slight_smile:

^^ I agree 100% :smiley:

Initially I think it would be more of a boy name, but I think it still works for a girl. Pretty combo, too!

[name]Lovely[/name], and VERY Dr. Who :slight_smile:
I am a big Dr. Who fan, and I had three pet rats (at the same time) named: [name]River[/name] Song, [name]Amelia[/name], and [name]Wendy[/name] [name]Rose[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]River[/name] is one of my favorite names! I love [name]River[/name] on both genders, but I definitely prefer it on a girl. [name]River[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is lovely! :slight_smile:

I like it for a boy better :confused:

But your combination isn’t bad

It’s a nature name, so I think it can work for either boys or girls. I like it for both, and I like your combo.

I think it is one of those names which is just awesomely unisex. [name]Love[/name] your combo as well

I’ve only met boy [name]Rivers[/name], but I would love to see it on a girl. I really like your combo too. Beautiful!

I have a girl named [name]River[/name] in my family so i can’t picture the name on a boy at all; to me it’s all girl.
[name]River[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful. It does remind me a bit of doctor who but not until i gave it a bit more thought.