Ro ❤️

We really like the nn [name_f]Ro[/name_f], but haven’t agreed on a name we both love for a long form. I like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] but DH isn’t a fan and I like but don’t love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].

What do you think of Ro on its own? I like that it could potentially work as an honour name for [name_m]Robert[/name_m] which is special to us.

What spelling would you use? [name_f]Ro[/name_f], [name_f]Roe[/name_f], [name_m]Rowe[/name_m], Rowie? I would pair it with longer, feminine middle like [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], etc. to balance it out.

Thanks,
x

1 Like

It’s definitely different and for sure it’s a statement name in my opinion. I like it, but at the same time I think she might be getting “Your name is [name_f]Ro[/name_f]?” a lot which she may totally be into or not… Feels like a hipster name to me.

The physics nerd in me really likes Rho more than [name_f]Ro[/name_f] :sunglasses:

I want to like it because it’s such a cute nickname but I’m really not sure this one works on its own. Each of the spelling possibilities just look off to me. I love basically all of the long forms, though! What about [name_u]Robin[/name_u]? Still works as a [name_m]Robert[/name_m] honor, then?

another user just actually asked this very recently so you could always search for those answers. to me I’d avoid it as I think it would possibly be perceived of naming your child after [name_f]Roe[/name_f] v [name_u]Wade[/name_u]… which it doesnt sound like thats what youre aiming for. I actually like the spelling Row/ [name_m]Rowe[/name_m] best if using as a nn

I’ll be honest I dont really see how [name_f]Ro[/name_f] could stick with a name like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] as the sounding of [name_f]Ro[/name_f] are different. doing an advanced search on NB some that stuck out to me that I could see getting [name_f]Ro[/name_f] from would be

[name_f]Carolynn[/name_f] / [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Charolotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Marolyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Promise[/name_f]
[name_f]Robina[/name_f]
[name_u]Roma[/name_u]
[name_f]Roena[/name_f]
Sparrow

1 Like

I’ll link the 2 that are recent, asking the same question :blush:

First one
Second one

2 Likes

Ideas: [name_u]Romilly[/name_u], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f], [name_f]Roena[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]), [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] maybe [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]??

I do like the nn, but I would just worry that she would want a little bit of a longer name in the future. As someone with a name that can’t be nn, I do wish I had a longer name sometimes, and would worry that such a short name might confuse people? I do really love it though, and if it works for your family, go for it!

*Sorry for any repeats!!

Ro is very cool on its own. There are other 2 letter names that work, so why not this one? I do love [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and would prefer that, but [name_f]Ro[/name_f] works in my opinion. Another name that could get to nn [name_f]Ro[/name_f] that hasn’t been mentioned is [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] (ro-sheen).

1 Like

There’s a character on tv called [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Teagarden. She goes by [name_f]Ro[/name_f].

1 Like

I pronounce [name_u]Romy[/name_u] like Row-me.

1 Like

Ro is a cute name, but think needs a longer form as it looks a bit incomplete. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] are other possibilities.

Ramona would be my fave long form for [name_f]Ro[/name_f], but I’m not sure it’s quite short and snappy enough for you? Very cool retro vibe though, which fits your taste!

I’d go with [name_f]Roe[/name_f] or [name_m]Rowe[/name_m] from an aesthetic perspective. Another similar name which could give you the nickname [name_f]Ro[/name_f] even though the sound is a little different is [name_u]Roux[/name_u]. That feels quirky and funky and quite “you” – although the sauce puts some people off.

I find it too incomplete, sorry. [name_f]Roe[/name_f] means fish egg, something to consider. You already got some lovely full name suggestions, I second all of them :slight_smile:

Ok I woke up thinking about this (pretty sure I have a problem… lol). What about [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] nn Rho? Honestly I think the spelling Rho can stand on it’s own too!

Ro stands alone to me - a bit like [name_u]Bo[/name_u] :slight_smile: