Robin, Robbin, Robyn, or Robyne

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!
I like names that have some sort of mythology to them. Our daughter is named after a Greek goddess so if we have another munchkin I would like to keep that type of theme going. I love [name_m]Odysseus[/name_m], Beowolf, [name_f]Athena[/name_f] and Freyja. Another name I love is [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. Boy or girl, I don’t care. I really like the spelling Robyne because it is one of first appearances of his story in literature. But what do you all think? What spelling do you all like and for what gender? [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering. I also love [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Olds.
Thanks!

I much prefer [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. I have only known one [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. A girl I went to elementary school with. There is a very unpleasant story my class will always remember and it all began with [name_u]Robin[/name_u] (poor girl). I am unable to like this name and most likely never will.

Robyne looks like it should be pronounced [name_m]Rob[/name_m]-ine (like the word line).
I prefer [name_u]Robin[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. When a name is also a dictionary word (like [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], etc.) I nearly always prefer the spelling that matches. So [name_f]Lily[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Lilly[/name_f], [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] instead of Lyrik, etc. I think it’s just less confusing.

I have only known [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for males and [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] for females. I have never met a female [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. Limited knowledge I guess - about a dozen all up and mostly females named [name_f]Robyn[/name_f].
Could it be a cultural idiosyncrasy? I imagine people would ask for the exact spelling of name ‘[name_u]Robin[/name_u]’ and so
if you are really attached to a particular spelling its worth weighing up the pros and cons.
I agree with PP who said Robyne may get [name_f]Ro[/name_f]- bine. [name_f]Robynne[/name_f] might be slightly better but that was not your question OP. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is pure and sweet.

I think it is a cultural thing, since I know both [name_m]Robins[/name_m] and Robyns, all female. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] isn’t really a popular name for boys in the US.

I’d go with [name_u]Robin[/name_u] personally. It’s simple and it’s the spelling that most everyone is most familiar with.

I’d go with [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. I always gravitate towards the original spelling.

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] for a boy
[name_f]Robyn[/name_f] for a girl

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] for a boy, [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] for a girl.

The only two [name_m]Robins[/name_m] I’ve known are both female & now in their 50s (named in the mid-late 1960s). They both are [name_m]Robins[/name_m], not Robyns.

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] is fine for both! It’s a bit silly to me when people take a word name with one common spelling and add 'y’s to it just make it “more feminine”; it’s pointless and confusing. I’ve known two [name_m]Robins[/name_m], both women, one in her 50s and one in her early 20s. I think it works fine for either gender and it would also make a nice middle name to any of those mythological names you like. Best of luck!

I prefer [name_u]Robin[/name_u], and more so on a boy. But I also like [name_u]Robin[/name_u] or [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] for a girl.

I see [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as truly unisex, when spelt in this way. [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] is nice as an alternative spelling for girls. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] is a wonderful namesake.