Roe for a girl?

What does everyone think of the name [name_f]Roe[/name_f] for a girl? I love how sweet but strong it sounds, and it’s super unique.

Would people call her “[name_f]Roe[/name_f] [name_f]Roe[/name_f]” (ew)? Is it better as a middle name? Too close to [name_f]Roe[/name_f] v. [name_u]Wade[/name_u]??? [name_m]AH[/name_m]!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] for reference, other names I love include:
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_u]Winslow[/name_u] (nn: [name_f]Winnie[/name_f])
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Violette[/name_f]

Thanks! <3

I immediately think of [name_f]Roe[/name_f] v. [name_u]Wade[/name_u]. I would recommend [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rhoda[/name_f] instead.

I wouldn’t use [name_f]Roe[/name_f].

With [name_f]Roe[/name_f], the first thing that comes to mind is definitely [name_f]Roe[/name_f] vs. [name_u]Wade[/name_u]. The second thing is fish eggs. It could be a spunky nickname or a middle, but I wouldn’t use it as a first name.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] reading the heading I thought of fish eggs so I would choose something else. I love some of you other names, especially…

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

I think it’s quite nice. My first thought was roe deer. She probably would get [name_f]Roe[/name_f] [name_f]Roe[/name_f] occasionally though, so if that would really bother you then probably best use it as a middle.

I think potential negative associations generally seem like a bigger problem in theory than in reality. Once people know your little [name_f]Roe[/name_f], they won’t think “abortion”/“fish eggs” every time you mention the name.

Use Rowenna for the full name and [name_f]Roe[/name_f] for the nickname and that resolves the problem.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] (ro-sheen) nickname [name_f]Ro[/name_f]? [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] is Irish and means little rose I believe, I love it!

I am actually writing a novel and the main character is a girl named [name_f]Roe[/name_f]. Her full name is [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]. I first heard the name on [name_m]Will[/name_m] & [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (I think it was [name_m]Will[/name_m]'s boyfriend [name_m]Vince[/name_m]'s sister’s name in the show) and as soon as I heard it, it just stuck with me all of these years. I have even considered it from time to time, but my DH doesn’t care for it (or any other [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names, for that matter). Honestly, I don’t think of [name_f]Roe[/name_f] v. [name_u]Wade[/name_u] at all–but maybe because I have a stronger association (my character) with it?

At any rate, of the other names you’ve listed [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] are just divine (I mean, look at my signature haha).

My first thought was fish eggs. Then I thought or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] O [name_m]Donnel[/name_m]. Then, [name_f]Roe[/name_f] v [name_u]Wade[/name_u]. I would drop this one like a hot potato.

My first thought was also fish eggs/sushi. [name_u]Rue[/name_u]/[name_u]Roux[/name_u] also has a similar sound, but lacks the abortion/fish egg connection. I also second that if [name_f]Roe[/name_f]/[name_f]Ro[/name_f] is the nickname for another name, then you’d be more likely to avoid [name_f]Roe[/name_f] roe.
Some options: [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], [name_f]Romina[/name_f], [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f], [name_f]Ronja[/name_f]/[name_f]Ronia[/name_f]/Ronya, [name_f]Verona[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f]