Roger or Alistair?

I’m in the same boat as a lot of users. I prefer [name_m]Roger[/name_m], but [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] definitely sounds better with [name_m]Alistair[/name_m].

I really like [name_m]Roger[/name_m], it sounds sweet with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and seems easier to say than [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] which idk if I’m saying correctly.

I love [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], but [name_m]Roger[/name_m] is also nice and imo they both sound great with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

Thank you so, so much :kissing_heart:

I’m truly grateful for all of your feedback and thoughts on this.

Wowsers, this is tough! [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_m]Roger[/name_m] are both getting a lot of love. At least I know that we will have chosen well either way. Thank you!

P.S. [name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] :blush: [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] is so charming! If only my husband shared my love of this name. It was high on my list but has been vetoed :confused:

3 Likes

I love [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]! [name_m]Roger[/name_m] just feels a little bit too old-fashioned if you get what I mean. It’s very dated here in the UK at least, whereas [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] seems to have made more of a comeback.

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] is absolutely perfect with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]! To me [name_m]Roger[/name_m] is dated rather than old-fashioned, but that assessment may be linked to place (I’m in Australia). I struggle to imagine a baby/little boy named [name_m]Roger[/name_m] whereas I can absolutely see a little baby [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] next to his brother [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]!

[name_m]Roger[/name_m] is an old man name to me.
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] might be okay in [name_f]England[/name_f] or Australia…not sure how it would go over in [name_u]America[/name_u].

I really appreciate everyone’s insights :hugs: It’s given me a good indication as to how these two names will be received.

From the comments I can see that [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] is the ‘safer’ option out of the two. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to go with [name_m]Roger[/name_m]. Maybe it’s just too ahead of the curve for the time being, if you know what I mean? :thinking:

1 Like

I much prefer [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], and it sound great next to [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

[name_m]Roger[/name_m] feels like a better fit with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]. They both have a medieval [name_f]English[/name_f] lord vibe.

Definitely [name_m]Alistair[/name_m].

I’m finding this really tricky! Lots of positive comments about both names, which at the end of the day is a good thing I suppose :wink:

But that leaves me wondering what our decision should be?

Which name do you think sounds more regal/noble/enchanting? I’m looking for one of those ever searched for old fashioned hidden gems!!

1 Like

[name_f]Regal[/name_f]: [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
Hidden gem: [name_m]Roger[/name_m]

I say this only because I hear less of [name_m]Roger[/name_m] than I do [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], but [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] is definitely more regal.

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote is for [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]! I’m biased tho, since I have an [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], we call him [name_u]Ali[/name_u]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] definitely gives me the same feel that [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] does, soft yet strong and regal.

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Roger[/name_m], sounds very dated to me.