Romana or Ramona?

Me and my husband really like the name [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] but he came across [name_f]Romana[/name_f] and he really loves it.

I’m just wondering which name you like more?

Thanks! :smiley:

I like [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] better. It is more familiar, even though it is out of the top 1000. I think that with the name [name_f]Romana[/name_f], she will be in for a life of correcting people. [name_m]Just[/name_m] curious, would you pronounce it [name_f]RO[/name_f]-mah-nah, [name_f]Ro[/name_f]-[name_m]MAN[/name_m]-a, [name_m]ROMAN[/name_m]-a? So many choices.

I prefer [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], I think it sounds a little more feminine

I adore [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]! I agree [name_f]Romana[/name_f] could cause confusion and prn. issues.

Definitely [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]. At first glance, I thought both names said [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]. [name_f]Romana[/name_f] would constantly have people confusing her as [name_f]Ramona[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Romana[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] doesn’t have the same verve to me.

I prefer [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]. [name_f]Romana[/name_f] makes me think of [name_m]Romano[/name_m] cheese, which tastes good but doesn’t make the best name!

I like [name_f]Romana[/name_f] ([name_f]Ramona[/name_f] sounds whiny to me). [name_f]Romana[/name_f] has an Italian vibe…sounds like declaring your child a citizen of [name_m]Rome[/name_m]. [name_u]Roma[/name_u]?